Based on the limited-edition AT50ANV premium moving coil cartridge, the AT-ART7 features the same basic design but exchanges the titanium armature (coil-winding frame) for a liquid crystal polymer armature, which is both thinner and stronger and does a better job of suppressing the unwanted vibration from power generation. The cartridges magnetic circuit uses a large-sized neodymium magnet and is designed to maximize the strength of the intensive magnetic field in the coil gap, increasing the output voltage and enhancing playback of medium-to-low frequencies. The result is extremely natural, three-dimensional sound quality.
The cartridges special line contact stylus, with a 40 µm × 7 µm curvature radius and a 0.26 mm diameter solid boron cantilever, enables an extremely accurate reading of the record groove and faithful transfer of the signal from the stylus tip to the magnetic coil. The dual moving coil (fashioned from high-performance PCOCC wire) offers excellent stereo separation and improved frequency response for long-lasting performance.
The hybrid housing of machined aluminum and hard plastic, along with the machined aluminum base supporting the magnetic circuit and vibration system, reduces unwanted resonance and provides stable playback.
- Premium magnetic core moving coil type cartridge, based on the design of the limited-edition AT50ANV
- Liquid crystal polymer armature (coil-winding frame) suppresses unwanted vibration from power generation
- Special line contact stylus and solid boron cantilever with a 0.26 mm diameter
- Magnetic circuit with large-sized neodymium magnet significantly increases magnetic energy
- PCOCC used for coils and terminal pins
- Hybrid body of machined aluminum and hard plastic, along with the machined aluminum base, reduces unnecessary resonance
- High-separation, wide-response dual moving coil
|Frequency Response||15-50,000 Hz|
|Channel Separation||30 (dB at 1 kHz)|
|Vertical Tracking Angle||23°|
|Vertical Tracking Force||1.6-2.0 g (1.8 g standard)|
|Stylus Construction||Nude square shank|
|Recommended Load Impedance||Min. 100 ohms|
|Coil Impedance||12 ohms (1 kHz)|
|DC Resistance||12 ohms|
|Coil Inductance||8 µH (1 kHz)|
|Output||0.12 mV (1 kHz, 5 cm/sec.)|
|Channel Balance||0.5 dB (1 kHz)|
|Stylus Shape||Special line contact|
|Cantilever||0.26 mm diameter solid boron|
|Static Compliance||35 x 10-6 cm/dyne|
|Dynamic Compliance||10 x 10-6 cm/dyne (100 Hz)|
|Weight||8.5 g (0.30 oz)|
|Dimensions||17.3 mm (0.68") H × 17.0 mm (0.67") W × 25.6 mm (1.01") D|
|Accessories Included||Non-magnetic screwdriver; 2 washers; 2 nuts; cartridge installation screws (12 mm × 2, 18 mm × 2); plastic protector; brush; AT6101 PCOCC lead wire set|
Note: moving coil cartridges require receivers or preamps with compatible inputs; their stylus assemblies are not field-replaceable.