Following the reissue of Bell Orchestre's debut album "Recording a Tape the Colour of Light" and their Juno award-winning second album "As Seen Through Windows" Erased Tapes is excited to announce the reissue of the band's original remix EP "Who Designs Nature's How".
Bell Orchestre is a collaborative instrumental, Montreal based group who originally formed back in 1999. The first music they created was predominately live scores for contemporary dance performances and theatrical puppet shows. The fusion of Bell Orchestre's wildly divergent musical backgrounds and the energy created from this connection is the catalyst to the group's signature avantgarde sound.
"Who Designs Nature's How" features remixes of select songs from Bell Orchestre's second full-length album "As Seen Through Windows" and has been pressed on vinyl for the first time ever - originally only released on CD and exclusively sold on tour.
The album includes the spellbinding reinterpretation of Water / Light / Shifts courtesy of fellow Canadian electronic producer Tim Hecker. The album also features contributions from the late Japanese prodigious composer Susuma Yokota, dub legend Mad Professor, Canadian DJ and producer Kid Koala, as well as long-time friend and collaborator Colin Stetson amongst others.
- Vinyl LP
- Limited-Time Digital Download Card
- Water / Light / Shifts (Tim Hecker Remix)
- The Stars in His Head / Bernard 33 - Dark Lights (Colin Stetson Remix)
- Icicles / Bicycles (Kid Koala Remix)
- Quintet (Hôtel-de-Ville Remix)
- As Seen Through Windows (Mad Professor Remix)
- Stripes (Susumu Yokota vs. Hôtel-de-Ville Remix)
- Air Lines / Land Lines (Deadly Stare Remix)