This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
The new "Lyn Stanley Master Recording Signature™ Series" are copies made from the Bernie Grundman production mastered analog tape mixed and mastered album reel to reel available in 15ips IEC/CCIR or NAB formats of RGMI 900 tapes. Each album has personalized Lyn Stanley Signature™ Series engraved flange(s) and comes with an outer black slip box to protect and keep the tapes together.
Unique and sultry jazz vocalist Lyn Stanley turns up the wattage on Interludes, starting with the opening selection "How Long Has This Been Going On" a capella. "Just One Of Those Things" employs a creative Bill Cunliffe arrangement - Stanley is heard during one chorus having brief duets with bassist Chuck Berghofer, guitarist John Chiodini and pianist/arranger Bill Cunliffe before the full group joins in. Other highlights include "Black Velvet", "More Than You Know" and "Boulevard of Broken Dreams".
The lowdown and rockish "Whole Lotta Love" and the always eerie "Last Tango In Paris" find Stanley putting timeless feeling into more contemporary songs. Great guest artists such as Hendrick Meurkens on harmonica appear on "Don't Explain", and Stanley begets a fine swing on "Nice 'n' Easy" and a sweet and lush interpretation of Duke Ellington's "In A Sentimental Mood". Her interlude concludes with a heartfelt duet with guitarist Chiodini on "I'm A Fool To Want You" that's full of longing and desire.
**It is standard practice in all recording studios to keep the tape "tail out". This reduces "pre-echo" and it means that the tape should be placed on the right hand side of the recorder, re-wound and then played.
- Lyn Stanley Master Recording Signature Series
- 2 Master Quality Reel To Reel Tapes
- Mixed by Al Schmitt
- Mastered by Bernie Grundman
- Two black tape boxes housed within a slip box
- Analogue Tape Copies from original analogue masters
- NEW Studio Master 1/4 inch 15 ips tapes directly from production master recordings
- 2-track, 1/4" at 38 cm/s (15")
- Playback EQ: IEC/CCIR
- Includes cover art and album information
- Artist signed label
- Spec sheet inside each tape box with details
- Recorded at Hollywood's Capitol Recording Studios, United Recording Studio (formerly Ocean Way), The Village Recording Studio and Avatar Recording Studio (NYC)
- Engraved flanges with signature series logo and label information
- Designations for approximately where on the tape run a particular song will start & specific times of each song
|Mike Garson||piano ("Black Velvet", "Whole Lotta Love", "Last Tango In Paris", "It's Crazy")|
|Paul Kreibich||drums ("Black Velvet", "Whole Lotta Love", "Last Tango In Paris", "It's Crazy")|
|Steve Rawlins||finger snaps ("Black Velvet", "Whole Lotta Love", "Last Tango In Paris", "It's Crazy")|
- How Long Has This Been Going On?
- Just One Of Those Things
- Whole Lotta Love
- More Than You Know
- Boulevard Of Broken Dreams
- Nice 'n Easy
- Black Velvet
- In A Sentimental Mood
- It's Crazy
- Don't Explain
- Last Tango In Paris
- The Island
- I Was Little Too Lonely
- I'm A Fool To Want You