This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
The new "Lyn Stanley Master Recording Signature™ Series" are copies made from the Bernie Grundman production mastered analog tape mixed and mastered album reel to reel available in 15ips IEC/CCIR or NAB formats of RGMI 900 tapes. Each album has personalized Lyn Stanley Signature™ Series engraved flange(s) and comes with an outer black slip box to protect and keep the tapes together.
In this stunning collection - London Calling: A Toast To Julie London - listeners will discover a side of singer Lyn Stanley that they haven't heard before. The 17 tunes on this recording explore phases of romance from first glance in "Blue Moon" to a missed chance in "Cry Me a River". Most of the wide-ranging material presented here was originally recorded by singer/actress Julie London, along with a couple of offerings that Stanley feels would have been perfect for the sultry songstress, such as "It's Impossible" and "I Heard It Through The Grapevine".
With her distinctive sound and approach, Lyn Stanley brings to mind a method actor, mining the stories and feelings in each tune and getting to the heart of the lyrics. Striving for sensitivity, Stanley stays true to these stories and portrays experiences of people engaged in the dance of romance.
London Calling marks a big step forward in Lyn Stanley's evolution as a recording artist. Just five years after her debut album in 2013, Lost In Romance, this recording provides a unique vision of Julie London with a self-curated set list emanating from Lyn Stanley's clear idea of how each tune should sound, holding true to the composers' ideas, and integrating her own.
Working with many of LA's best session players, and without any written arrangements, the intimate collaboration is nothing short of remarkable. Stanley said, "It was a thrill to hear something that you've brought to life come all so easily." The stellar lineup of musicians includes guitarist John Chiodini, pianists Mike Garson and Christian Jacob, bassists Chuck Berghofer and Michael Valerio, percussionists Luis Conte, Brad Dutz, and Aaron Serfaty, and drummer Paul Kreibich.
London Calling: A Toast To Julie London is a gift for lovers and lovers of great music, created as music was in the 1960s.
**It is standard practice in all recording studios to keep the tape "tail out". This reduces "pre-echo" and it means that the tape should be placed on the right hand side of the recorder, re-wound and then played.
- Lyn Stanley Master Recording Signature Series
- 2 Master Quality Reel To Reel Tapes
- Mixed by Allen Sides
- Mastered by Bernie Grundman
- Two black tape boxes housed within a slip box
- Analogue Tape Copies from original analogue masters
- NEW Studio Master 1/4 inch 15 ips tapes directly from production master recordings
- 2-track, 1/4" at 38 cm/s (15")
- Playback EQ: IEC/CCIR
- Includes cover art and album information
- Artist signed label
- Spec sheet inside each tape box with details
- Engraved flanges with signature series logo and label information
- Designations for approximately where on the tape run a particular song will start & specific times of each song
|John Chiodini||featured guitar|
|Aaron Serfaty||drums, percussion|
- Goody Goody
- Call Me Irresponsible
- Bye Bye Blackbird
- I Heard It Through The Grapevine - Bonus Track
- How About Me?
- Cry Me A River
- As Time Goes By
- Summertime - Band Version
- It's Impossible - Bonus Track
- Blue Moon
- I've Got A Crush On You
- Light My Fire
- Go Slow/Nice Girls Don't Stay For Breakfast
- You The Night And The Music
- Ev'ry Time We Say Goodbye
- Summertime - Piano Vocal