The self-titled debut by Rickie Lee Jones contains an outstanding collection of tunes including the hit "Chuck E.'s In Love".
Her debut on Warner Bros. Records, Rickie Lee Jones, released in 1979, won the Grammy for Best New Artist. She was hailed by one critic as a highly touted new pop-jazz-singer-songwriter and another critic as one of the best--if not the best--artist of her generation. In addition to the albums brilliant songs--including the exceptional On Saturday Afternoons In 1963, the haunting Last Chance Texaco, and the popular Chuck E.s In Love--Jones was becoming a figure whose life was bearing a great deal of emulation by young women and men who found, in her deep and personal and idiosyncratic life and work, a model for the new generation of hipster.
• Mastered Directly from the Original Master Tapes!
• 1/2 Speed Mastered Original Master Recording Series
• Specially Plated and Pressed on JVC's High Definition Super Vinyl
• Pressed in Japan
• Special Static Free-Dust Free Inner Sleeve
• Limited Edition
1. Chuck E.'s In Love
2. On Saturday Afternoons In 1963
3. Night Train
4. Young Blood
5. Easy Money
6. The Last Chance Texaco
7. Danny's All-Star Joint
9. Weasel And The White Boys Cool
11. After Hours (Twelve Bars Past Goodnight)