Kenton / Wagner is an album by the Stan Kenton Orchestra performing jazz arrangements of Richard Wagner's compositions, recorded in 1964.
"This unique album is a surprising artistic success. Stan Kenton and a large studio orchestra filled with many of his alumni perform his adaptations of eight themes from the classical works of Richard Wagner. Somehow Kenton turns Wagner's music into jazz, capturing the intense emotion, pomposity and drama with daring ideas. Not for all tastes, this LP was one of Stan Kenton's last innovative recordings." - AllMusic
• Mastered Directly from the Original Master Tapes!
• 1/2 Speed Mastered Original Master Recording Series
• Specially Plated and Pressed on JVC's High Definition Super Vinyl
• Pressed in Japan
• Special Static Free-Dust Free Inner Sleeve
• Limited Edition
1. Ride Of the Valkyres From "Die Walkuere"
2. Siegfried's Funeral March From "Goetterdaemmerung"
3. Prelude To Act I Of "Lohengrin"
4. Prelude To Act III of "Lohengrin
1. Prelude To "Tristan und Isolde"
2. Love-Death From "Tristan und Isolde"
3. Wedding March From "Lohengrin"
4. Pilgrims' Chorus From "Tannhaeuser"