Previously unreleased recording from the legendary multi- instrumentalist Roland Kirk, cut direct from tape and issued as a 180g premium pressing (Black LP) with Gearbox's famous production values.
Kirk's influence and following reaches far beyond Jazz. Hendrix idolized him and it's easy to see why. His appetite for ripping up the rulebook has brought kudos and admirers from all sides, giving him a status and respect that ensures an unearthed, never before released recording such as this has added importance.
- Japanese Edition
- 180g Vinyl
- Previously Unreleased Recording
- Recorded on Tuesday, October 15, 1963 at Ronnie Scott's Jazz Club
- Mastered by Caspar Sutton Jones & Darrel Sheinman from the Original Tapes Courtesy of Les Tomkins
- Cut Direct from Tape
- Lacquers Cut on a Haeco Scully Lathe with Westrex RA1700 Series Amps, Westrex 3DIIA Cutting Head; Decca Valve Equalization & Telefunken U73B Tube Limiter; Monitored on Audio Note Equipment
- OBI Strip with Japanese Language
- Inserts in Japanese & English
|Roland Kirk||tenor saxophone, stritch, manzello, flute, nose flute, siren|
|Malcolm Cecil||double bass|
- Close Your Eyes
- Days Of Wine And Roses
- Three For The Festival