This reissue holds the earliest known recordings of Prince made with Pepe Willie's band, 94 East, recorded between December 1975 and February 1979. On the album, Prince contributes electric guitar, guitars, bass, keyboards, synths, organ, drums, harmony and backing vocals and is clearly heard on all of these historic recordings.
This release has received a new, pure analogue remastering from Pepe Willie's original tapes by Matt Colton at Alchemy Studios, and pressed on 180g heavyweight audiophile vinyl by Optimal Media, GmbH, Germany.
This box set includes an in-depth sleeve notes feature, exclusive and revealing interview with Pepe Willie, and 3LPs pressed on 180g heavy-weight audiophile vinyl.
What makes these recordings particularly special is that they reflect an important element in the development of the 'Minneapolis Sound' - a phenomenon brought to the world's attention by the emergence of Prince. And the outstanding contributions that Prince brought to these recordings are testimonial to his phenomenal, precocious abilities at such a young age.
- Heavy-weight Audiophile 180g Vinyl
- 3LP Box Set
- Side 6 is 45rpm
- The earliest recordings of Prince made with Pepe Willie's 94 East
- Made in Germany
- Limited time MP3 download code
- Just Another Sucker
- If You Feel Like Dancin'
- Lovin' Cup
- Games (Original Version)
- Dance To The Music Of The World
- One Man Jam
- If You See Me
- Games (Instrumental Version)
- I'll Always Love You
- Better Than You Think
- If We Don't
- You Can Be My Teacher
- Love, Love, Love
- If You See Me (Instrumental Version)
- Games (Alternate Instrumental Version)
- Better Than You Think (Instrumental Version)
Side 6 - 45rpm:
- Dance To The Music Of The World (Rehearsal Session Version)