This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions - 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 180-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Tip-on jacket on thick cardboard stock.
Originally released in November 1960, Ballads by Cobb, as its title suggests, is all slow ballads, putting the emphasis on the Texas tenor's warm tone. Cobb spent most of the 1960s playing back in his native Texas but he returned to the national scene in 1973 and during his final 15 years engaged in many exciting tenor battles, showing that there were few tougher Texas tenors than the legendary Arnett Cobb.
- 180g Vinyl LP
- The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes Were Used Working with Only the Best Mastering Studios!
- Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
- Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
- Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
- Tip-On Jacket on Thick Cardboard Stock
- Officially Licensed & Authorized for Release by the Record Label
|Arnett Cobb||tenor sax|
|Red Garland||piano, celeste (B3)|
- Willow Weep for Me
- Hurry Home
- P.S. I Love You
- Blue and Sentimental
- Darn That Dream
- Why Try to Change Me Now
- Your Wonderful Love