This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
In celebration of their 60th anniversary, Audio-Technica presents the ATH-WB2022, a groundbreaking pair of luxury headphones.
The housing of the ATH-WB2022 is carefully crafted from a selection of intertwined marbled maple, walnut, and mahogany wood. Behind the stunning exterior, the headphones house the world's first* completely balanced audio output system. Equipped with an independent DAC and operational amplifier, the headphones support up to 24-bit/96 kHz high-resolution sound sources with both wireless and USB digital connections.
*As headphones. As of September 2022, according to Audio-Technica research.
ATH-WB2022 is equipped with newly designed 45 mm HD drivers. The drivers reproduce vivid and expressive sounds, for a rich, detailed listening experience. An innovative LDAC codec provides high-resolution sound with a wide range. The ATH-WB2022 also supports the AAC and SBC codecs.
Independent L/R Balance
The world's first fully balanced audio output system with independent DACs, operational amplifiers, and batteries for each channel. The system provides sound with excellent channel separation, with no cross talk or noise interference between the left and right channels.
Up to 9 Hours of Power
Enjoy up to 9 hours of hi-fi audio. If the battery runs out, you can simply switch to a USB connection to continue using the headphones. After five minutes without being connected to a device, the power will automatically turn off to save battery life. Charging time is about 2.5 hours.
Inspired by Nature
For more than 25 years, Audio Technica has experimented with the benefits of wooden headphones. In addition to the striking aesthetics, this combination of different woods has excellent acoustic properties, absorbing vibrations for a purer audio performance.
Fine-Tune Your Listening
In the dedicated Audio-Technica Connect app you can find five preset equalizers (including a default 'flat' setting) that can be selected to experiment with the soundscapes generated by these premium headphones. In addition, you can select between four volume levels: 16 (default), 32, 64 and 100.
A Sustainable Experience
Pairing practical durability with fashionable aesthetics, Alcantara provides a premium tactile experience, with a soft texture and elegant appearance. Alcantara is created with sustainable practices and is carbon-neutral.
Audio Technica are very proud to be partnered with ZERO HALLIBURTON for the sleek and robust case for the ATH-WB2022. Founded in the USA in 1938, ZERO HALLIBURTON was designed to survive harsh environments and to protect precious cargo - including moon rocks from Apollo 11 - since then, it's the bag of choice for anyone with a desire for design and durability (plus cinema's greatest superheroes and spies).
Playing for Change
A percentage of all 60th Anniversary hi-fi sales will be donated to the Playing for Change Foundation, which was established to create positive change through music and arts education for marginalized and at-risk youth, most specifically in the developing world.
Audio Technica are proud to support both Playing for Change - a movement dedicated to inspiring and connecting the world through music - and its partner organization, The Playing for Change Foundation, and share with them the vision that music should be accessible to all.
Celebrating 60 Years of Listening
60 years ago, Hideo Matsushita established Audio-Technica in a small flat in Shinjuku, Tokyo. Inspired by our emotional connections to audio, Matsushita dedicated his time to creating affordable audio equipment to heighten everyday listening experiences.
- Audio-Technica's first pair of wireless wooden headphones - developed to commemorate their 60th anniversary
- The housings, made from a combination of solid flame maple, walnut, and mahogany woods, have excellent acoustic properties and absorb vibrations for a purer audio performance
- Housings have separate acoustic and electrical chambers to optimize the acoustic properties of the wood
- Specially designed 45 mm HD driver, with high-performance magnetic circuit and DLC (diamond-like carbon) coated diaphragm, provides a rich, detailed listening experience
- First headphones in the world with a fully balanced audio output system - independent DACs, operational amplifiers, and batteries for left and right channels - for excellent channel separation
- Equipped with two (Lch/Rch) ESS DAC ES9038Q2M digital-to-analog converters, prized by audiophiles for delivering truly immersive, high-resolution audio
- Adopts Nisshinbo Micro Devices' flagship MUSES05 chips for operational amplifiers
- Supports 24-bit/96 kHz high-resolution sound source playback via wireless or USB connection
- Compatible with high-quality LDAC and AAC codecs
- 10 mm diameter condenser microphone ensures crystal-clear audio for calls
- Up to nine hours of continuous use on a full charge
- Multipoint pairing function allows you to stay connected to two Bluetooth devices at once
- Buttons built into the earcups provide easy control of music playback, volume, microphone muting, and voice assistant functions
- A-T Connect app gives you additional control: activate low latency mode, adjust and save EQ to the headphones, select one of four optimized volume levels, change codecs, and more
- Premium, sustainable Alcantara earpads and headband provide luxurious comfort in warm and cool environments*
- Includes two 1.5 m (4.9') 6N-OFC audio-grade cables: a USB-C to USB-A cable, and a USB-C to USB-C cable
- Includes a sleek, robust carrying case made in partnership with Zero Halliburton
- Exclusive product: a limited number of units are available worldwide
* Audio-Technica will replace the built-in battery and Alcantara earpads and headband free of charge