Complete Recording Session + Previously Unreleased Tracks!
Official Reissue! Mastered From The Original Tape!
The Bela Session is the first official reissue of "Bela Lugosi's Dead" on vinyl, and the first release of the complete recording session: 5 tracks total, 3 previously unreleased. Late 2018 marks the 40th anniversary of Bauhaus.
The Bela Session is a full release of Bauhaus' first studio session from January 26 1979, where the iconic "Bela Lugosi's Dead" was recorded. This is the first and only official reissue of "Bela Lugosi's Dead" on vinyl, and the first time 3 of the 5 tracks have been released. This EP has been produced directly by the band with Leaving Records, in advance of the band's 40th anniversary.
Bauhaus are a four-piece from Northampton, England, composed of Peter Murphy (vocals, occasional instruments), Daniel Ash (guitar), Kevin Haskins (drums), and David J (bass). Venerated and highly influential, the band emerged from the post-punk alternative music scene of the early '80s with a string of innovative albums and a powerfully dramatic live presentation. Their music embodies a minimalistic, disconsolate style of post-punk rock unlike any other.
Mastered in 2018 from the original tape by Mandy Parnell at Black Saloon Studios.
• 12" Vinyl EP
• 180g Vinyl
• Official reissue
• Ruby (40th) Anniversary
• Complete recording session
• Previously unreleased tracks
• Mastered in 2018 from the original tape by Mandy Parnell, Black Saloon Studios
• 20" x 20" Poster
• Printed inner sleeve
1. Bela Lugosi's Dead
2. Some Faces (previously unreleased)
3. Bite My Hip (previously unreleased; later re-worked, re-recorded and released as "Lagartija Nick" in 1983)
5. Boys (original recording - previously unreleased; later re-recorded and released as the B-side of "Bela Lugosi's Dead")