This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Live studio recording of pianist John Lenehan's performance of Beethoven Moonlight and Pathetique Piano Sonatas.
This 1/4" Master Tape Copy was created from the 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios.
Regarding the D2D LP Pressing: In order to make the D2D Vinyl recording, the Interpreti Veneziani Chamber Orchestra performs each album side live in the studio, recorded via state of the art, all-tube valve microphones, fed to a Neve Desk, and then via a pure analogue path directly to the Neumann VMS80 lathe.
The brilliantly captured session was carefully engineered, and mixed live, no overdubs! During the performance, the Neumann VMS 80 Cutting head engages the master lacquer ("stamper" used for pressing LPs) and is not stopped until the entire side is complete! The results are amazing! A dynamic album that needs to be heard!
- 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape made from the Original Master Tape
- Created from 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios
- 1/4" 15IPS CCIR
- Original Master Tapes recorded at 30ips onto ½" Tape
- Copy Masters are made using 2 Studer A820 Master Recorders
- Machines are connected with Zensati Seraphim Interconnect Cable for highest transfer quality
- All tapes use CCIR/IEC Equalization
- Originally mastered at Air Studios London
- Created using ATR Magnetics Tape Stock
- Housed in Heavy Duty Professional boxes
- Transferred and monitored by Chasing The Dragon Producer Mike Valentine
Ludwig van Beethoven (1770-1827)
- "Pathetique" Sonata No. 8, Op. 13
- "Moonlight" Sonata No. 14, Op. 27, No. 2