Just in case you aren't familiar with Béla Fleck, there are some who say he's the world's premier banjo player. Others claim that Béla has virtually reinvented the image and the sound of the banjo through a remarkable performing and recording career that has taken him all over the musical map and on a range of solo projects and collaborations. If you are familiar with Béla, you know that he just loves to play the banjo, often reimagining it in unique settings.
The 15-time Grammy Award winner has been nominated in more categories than any other artist in Grammy history, and remains a powerfully creative force globally in bluegrass, jazz, classical pop, rock and world beat.
Béla Fleck has taken banjo playing to some very unlikely places - not just bluegrass and country and 'newgrass,' but also into classical concertos, jazz and a documentary about the banjo's deep African roots, not to mention the time he toured with throat singers from Tuva. He's also baffled the Grammy awards, winning for country and jazz in the same year and also winning in pop, world music, classical crossover and, yes, folk. That's a lot of territory for five strings.
- Double LP
- Gatefold jacket
|Noam Pikelny||guest banjo|
|Tony Trischka||guest banjo|
- Vertigo (feat. Sam Bush, Stuart Duncan, Edgar Meyer, and Bryan Sutton)
- Round Rock (feat. Michael Cleveland and Jerry Douglas)
- This Old Road (feat. David Grisman and Billy Strings)
- Boulderdash (feat. Tony Trischka and Noam Pikelny)
- Hug Point (feat. Sierra Hull and Molly Tuttle)
- Our Little Secret
- Slippery Eel (feat. Billy Strings and Chris Thile)
- Strider (feat. Sierra Hull and Molly Tuttle)
- Baptist Pumpkin Farm
- Hunter's Moon
- Charm School (feat. Billy Strings and Chris Thile)
- Psalm 136 (feat. Chris Thile)