Vertigo is a 1958 American film noir psychological thriller directed and produced by Alfred Hitchcock. The story was based on the 1954 novel D'entre les morts (From Among the Dead) by Boileau-Narcejac. The film was shot on location in San Francisco, California, and at Paramount Studios in Hollywood. It is the first film to use the dolly zoom, an in-camera effect that distorts perspective to create disorientation, to convey Scottie's acrophobia. As a result of its use in this film, the effect is often referred to as the "Vertigo effect". Vertigo received mixed reviews upon initial release, but is now often cited as a classic Hitchcock film and one of the defining works of his career.
On this LP you will find the music of the original soundtrack along with some bonus tracks culled from other Alfred Hitchcock films and even from the television series.
- 180g Vinyl
- Black Vinyl
- Direct Metal Master
- Made in the E.U.
- Bonus Tracks
VERTIGO - Original Movie Soundtrack
- Vertigo Prelude And Rooftop
- Madeleine And Carlotta's Portrait
- The Beach
- Farewell And The Tower
- The Nightmare And Dawn
- Love Music
- The Necklace And The Return And Finale
BONUS TRACKS - Original Soundtrack Recordings From Alfred Hitchcock Productions
- Theme from ALFRED HITCHCOCK PRESENTS (Funeral March Of A Marionette)
- Theme from DIAL M FOR MURDER
- Mouvements Perpetuels from ROPE
- Theme from THE TROUBLE WITH HARRY
- Juke Box #6 from REAR WINDOW
- Prologue; Duet For Four Feet from STRANGERS ON A TRAIN