Music Lover's have long considered Bob Dylan's 1964 Halloween show at New York's Philharmonic Hall one of his greatest early performances. Finally, a complete recording of this highly sought-after performance is available commercially for the first time ever - remastered for phenomenal and unprecedented sound.
The recording captures Dylan at a transitional moment in his career: two months after the release of Another Side Of Bob Dylan, the last solo acoustic album he would record, and just weeks before he embarked on the electrified rock experiment that would result in Bringing It All Back Home.
During the concert, Dylan offhandedly jokes with his audience, fending off enthusiastic hecklers with deft wit and snappy comebacks, only to turn around and deliver blisteringly intense tunes, talking blues, love ballads and a few theretofore unreleased, indefinable songs. Joan Baez guests on 4 songs.
1. The Times They Are A-Changin'
2. Spanish Harlem Incident
3. Talkin' John Birch Paranoid Blues
4. To Ramona
5. Who Killed Davey Moore?
6. Gates Of Eden
7. If You Gotta Go, Go Now (Or Else You Got To Stay All Night)
8. It's Alright Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)
9. I Don't Believe You (She Acts Like We Never Have Met)
10. Mr. Tambourine Man
11. A Hard Rain's A-Gonna Fall
1. Talkin' World War III Blues
2. Don't Think Twice, It's All Right
3. The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll
4. Mama, You Been On My Mind*
5. Silver Dagger*
6. With God On My Side*
7. It Ain't Me, Babe*
8. All I Really Want To Do
*Performed with Joan Baez