Featured in Michael Fremer's Heavy Rotation in the March 2009 Issue of Stereophile!
The latest volume in the acclaimed ongoing series features unreleased recordings, studio demos, alternate takes, live tracks and rare film songs spanning 1989-2006.
Bob Dylans Tell Tale Signs: The Bootleg Series Vol. 8 is the 8th installment in the best-selling and critically lauded Bootleg Series which launched in 1991 released by Columbia Records. A treasure-trove of 27 songs, Tell Tale Signs features previously unreleased recordings and alternate versions of tracks from sessions which generated some of Bob Dylans most acclaimed and commercially successful albums from the last two decades, including Time Out Of Mind, Love And Theft, Modern Times and Oh Mercy.
The collection includes a selection of outstanding live performances from 1989-2006 including "Ring Them Bells" from Dylan's historic shows at New York's Supper Clue in 1993; the unreleased "Girl From the Greenbriar Shore" from 1991; and a consummate rendering of "High Water (for Charley Patton)" from Niagara Falls in 2003.
"...along with mostly organic sonics, the presence of fare like "Red River Shore" - as good as anything on Time Out of Mind, for which the standard was recorded - makes the collection more than just a curiosity item." - Bob Gendron, The Absolute Sound, January 2009
"...this new collection...is staggeringly good, filled with alternate versions, outtakes, demos, and soundtrack and concert recordings. There's a lot here that shows a direct line back to the Dylan of the 1960s..." - David Sokol, Stereophile Magazine, January 2009, Vol. 32, No. 1
180 gram Vinyl
12" x 12" Box - Lift-Off Vinyl Display Case
60 page booklet with stunning rare photos and in-depth notes
27 unreleased songs including studio demos, alternate takes, live tracks, and more!
1. Mississippi (Unreleased, Time Out Of Mind)
2. Most Of The Time (Alternate Version, Oh Mercy)
3. Dignity (Piano Demo, Oh Mercy)
4. Someday Baby (Alternate Version, Modern Times)
5. Red River Shore (Unreleased, Time Out Of Mind)
6. Tell Ol' Bill (Alternate Version, North Country Soundtrack)
7. Born In Time (Unreleased, Oh Mercy)
1. Can't Wait (Alternate Version, Time Out Of Mind)
2. Everything Is Broken (Alternate Version, Oh Mercy)
3. Dreamin' Of You (Unreleased, Time Out Of Mind)
4. Huck's Tune (Album Version)
5. Marchin' To The City (Unreleased, Time Out Of Mind)
6. High Water (For Charley Patton) (Live from Niagara Falls, Ontario)
7. Mississippi (Unreleased version #2, Time Out Of Mind)
1. 32-20 Blues (Unreleased, World Gone Wrong)
2. Series Of Dreams (Unreleased, Oh Mercy)
3. God Knows (Unreleased, Oh Mercy)
4. Can't Escape From You (Unreleased, December 2005)
5. Dignity (Unreleased, Oh Mercy)
6. Ring Them Bells (Live, The Supper Club, November 17, 1993, New York, NY)
7. Cocaine Blues (Live, 1997)
1. Ain't Talkin' (Alternate Version, Modern Times)
2. The Girl On The Greenbriar Shore (Live, 1992)
3. Lonesome Day Blues (Live, February 1, 2002, Sunrise, FL)
4. Miss The Mississippi (Unreleased, 1992)
5. The Lonesome River (Feat. Ralph Stanley, from the album Clinch Mountain Country)
6. 'Cross The Green Mountain (From Gods And Generals Soundtrack)