Rolling Stone 500 Greatest Songs of All Time - "Get Up, Stand Up" - Rated 302/500!
Legend, respectably associated with reggae's most influential icon of all-time, is now available for the first time on DVD. Originally released as a compilation of 13 videos on gold-certified VHS, the DVD release new contains a 90-minute documentary title "Time Will Tell".
"Since its release, Legend has been, for many people, their first exposure to Marley, and to reggae in general. It is a superlative beginning but only the tip of his genius." - www.rollingstone.com
The videos include live performances of "Jamming", "I Shot The Sheriff", and "Exodus", along with videos of collected footage from the years of "Is This Love", "Redemption Song" and One Love/People Get Ready", the later with a cameo appearance by Sir Paul McCartney. The documentary also originally released separately on gold-certified VHS, is a cinematic biography celebrating the life and legacy of this revolutionary artist. Throughout this definitive look into Marley's charismatic life are the songs "Get Up Stand Up", "Trenchtown Rock" and "No Woman No Cry" to name a few.
Included as a special feature is a Personal Playlist option, where the viewer has the option of choosing the sequencing they want to view the videos. Included with this option are the 13 videos from the original VHS line-up on Legend and also 10 additional songs taken from the documentary "Time Will Tell".
"The songs chorus ('Stand up for your right . . ./Dont give up the fight') sounds like a political anthem, which is how Amnesty International still employs it at rallies. But the lyrics are actually rooted in Rastafarian theology, about not being pacified by promises of the afterlife. The Wailers, of course, were far from placated, especially Tosh, who sings the fire-breathing final verse." - Rolling Stone
Selections: 1. Want More
2. Is This Love
4. Could You Be Loved
5. No Woman No Cry
6. Stir It Up
7. Get Up Stand Up
8. Satisfy My Soul
9. I Shot The Sheriff
10. Buffalo Soldier
12. Redemption Song
13. One Love / People Get Ready
Time Will Tell -- 90 Minute Documentary
14. Concrete Jungle -- Live on BBC Television 1973
15. Them Belly Full -- Live at Exeter, 1976 and Rainbow Theatre, 1976
16. Forever Loving Jah -- Rehearsal, Kingston, 1980 17. I Shot The Sheriff -- Live in California, 1979 and Germany, 1980
18. War -- Live in Germany, 1980 and at the Rainbow Theatre, 1976
19. Revolution -- Rehearsal, Kingston, 1980
20. Zimbabwe -- Independence Day Celebrations, 1980
21. Redemption Son -- Jamaica, 1980
22. Natural Mystic -- Live, unknown date
23. Get Up Stand Up -- Live, unknown date