Call Me By Your Name, the film by Luca Guadagnino, is a sensual and transcendent tale of first love, based on the acclaimed novel by Andre Aciman.
Summer of 1983, Northern Italy. An American Italian is enamored by an American student who comes to study and live with his family. Together they share an unforgettable summer full of music, food, and romance that will forever change them.
The film received widespread critical acclaim, particularly for Timothée Chalamet, Armie Hammer and Michael Stuhlbarg's performances, Guadagnino's direction, and the screenplay. Call Me By Your Name won a variety of awards, including an Academy Award, BAFTA, GLAAD and the 23rd Critics' Choice Award amongst others. Sufjan Stevens' song ''Mystery of Love'' was also nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song.
Luca Guadagnino wanted the film's music to be connected to Elio, a young pianist who likes to transcribe and adapt pieces to get close to Oliver. The music is used to reflect the time, the characters' family, level of education and ''the kind of canon they would be a part of.''
Guadagnino found himself resonating with Sufjan Stevens' lyricism through his work and initially asked Stevens to record an original song. Eventually, Stevens contributed three songs to the soundtrack: ''Visions of Gideon'', which was used at the end of the film, ''Mystery of Love,'' which was featured in the film's first trailer, and a new rendition of ''Futile Devices'' with piano. Stevens penned the songs by using the script, the book, and the conversations with the director about the characters. It marks Sufjan Stevens' first soundtrack for a feature film.
Call Me By Your Name is available as a limited edition of 15,000 copies on ''Velvet Purple'' colored vinyl. The 2LP is housed in a deluxe gatefold sleeve with rainbow laminate finish and includes printed innersleeves, an insert with movie stills, and a poster.
- 180g Audiophile Vinyl
- Double LP
- Deluxe Heavyweight Gatefold Sleeve with Rainbow Laminate Finish
- 2 Printed Innersleeves
- Insert with Movie Stills
- Mini Poster
- Made in the Netherlands
- Numbered, Limited Edition of 15,000 Copies on "Velvet Purple" Marbled Vinyl
- Hallelujah Junction - 1st movement - John Adams
- M.A.Y. in the Backyard - Ryuichi Sakamoto
- J'adore Venise - Loredana Bertè
- Paris Latino - Bandolero
- Sonatine bureaucratique - Frank Glazer
- "Zion hört die Wächter singen" - Alessio Bax
- Lady Lady Lady - Giorgio Moroder & Joe Esposito
- Une barque sur l'océan - André Laplante
- Futile Devices (Doveman Remix) - Sufjan Stevens
- Germination - Ryuichi Sakamoto
- Words - F.R. David
- E la vita - Marco Armani
- Mystery of Love - Sufjan Stevens
- Radio Varsavia - Franco Battiato
- Love My Way - The Psychedelic Furs
- Le jardin féerique - Valéria Szervánszky & Ronald Cavaye
- Visions of Gideon - Sufjan Stevens