This audiophile demonstration album contains 17 tracks, including a microphone comparison, the giant organ at Temple Church, and a fantastic drum solo, which will test your loudspeakers to the limit!
A selection of tracks which should take you and your Hi-Fi system on an interesting journey.
This audiophile demonstration recording samples classical compositions by Vivaldi, J.S. Bach and Corelli, alongside a drum solo improvisation, a choir performance, microphone comparison of male voice recording, rehearsals, and more.
The first album Chasing The Dragon ever released was a collection of audiophile recordings. Many friends have asked when they would be releasing a 2nd album of audiophile recordings. After recording many new tracks, as well as adding a small selection from recent albums, Chasing The Dragon presents to you Chasing The Dragon II. The organ recording has enough bass to rattle not only your speakers, but also your neighbor's teeth! Also included is a comparison track between a 60 year old valve microphone, which is used for all CTD recordings, and a modern high quality transistor mic. The differences which you can clearly hear, are very interesting.
• Audiophile Demonstration CD
1. Hawaiian War Chant - The Syd Lawrence Orchestra
2. Nolo Mortem Peccatoris - Darbourne Ensemble, choir
3. Drum Solo Improvisation -Tim Hortons, drum kit
4. Too Darn Hot - Clare Teal with The Syd Lawrence Orchestra
Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart (1756-1791)
5. Sonata No. 15 - piano
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
6. Toccatao and Fugue in D minor - Greg Morris, church organ
7. Mind The Gap! - London Underground
8. Anonymous Piece - Lynda Sayce, lute
Robert de Visee (1650-1725)
9. Chaccone - Lynda Sayce, theorbo
Antonio Vivaldi (1678-1741)
10. Cello Concerto RV419 - Allegro - Interpreti Veneziani, chamber orchestra
11. Rehearsal in San Videl, Venice - Davide Amadio, cello
Arcangelo Corelli (1653 - 1713)
12. Concerto Grosso Op. 6, No. 4 - chamber orchestra
13. Microphone Comparison - male voice recording
14. Glen Miller's "Anvil Chorus" - Syd Lawrence Orchestra
15. Mozart's Symphony No. 29 in A Major - Mozart Concert
16. Mozart's Zartlicheit and Schmeicheln - soprano
17. Capriccio Espagnol - The National Symphony Orchestra