Recorded in 1972, Crystal Silence is the collaboration between jazz pianist Chick Corea and vibe player Gary Burton. The album hit number 24 on the Billboard Jazz Albums chart in 1974.
SHM-SACD (Super High Material SACD) is the ultimate Super Audio CD that utilizes the materials and technologies that were developed for the SHM-CD to further enhance the audio-resolution. These discs are made with polycarbonate developed for the screen of the liquid crystal display. As it has a higher transparency, players can read the signal more faithfully. Also, it excels in fluidity, which enables you to cast a more accurate pit. What works wonders for a low resolution format such as CD should offer even greater sonic improvements in a real high resolution format such as SACD.
Crystal Silence is a sublime indication of what two master improvisers can do given quality raw material, with the first side of this record being particularly flawless. Improvised music is rarely this coherent and melodic. Essential for fans of Corea, Burton, or jazz in general.
- Super High Material Super Audio CD
- SHM-SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- Single-Layer Stereo SHM-SACD, to secure enough reflectance and not to compress DSD file
- Label of the disc is printed with a special green ink called 'Onsho Shiyou', which minimizes diffuse reflection
- Carefully selected master audio is used, from existing DSD files to newly converted from analog tapes
- This Single-Layer SHM-SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
- Senor Mouse
- Arise, Her Eyes
- I'm Your Pal
- Desert Air
- Crystal Silence
- Falling Grace
- Feelings And Things
- Children's Songs
- What Game Shall We Play Today