Pianist Maurizio Pollini performs Frédéric Chopin's Polonaise. Recorded 21-27 November 1975, Grosser Saal, Musikverein, Wien.
The reissue of classical music masterpieces by ESOTERIC has attracted a lot of attention, both for its uncompromising commitment to recreating the original master sound, and for using hybrid Super Audio CD (SACD) technology to improve sound quality. This series marks the first hybrid SACD release of historical recording selections that have been mainstays of the catalog since their initial release.
Experience the legendary performance in this new Super Audio CD/CD format. Not only for new followers, but also for well experienced followers of these recorded materials. All will be equally impressed by the "soul" hidden within the notes, but never before found in previously released recordings in any format.
The criterion of re-mastering is to faithfully capture the quality of the original master. ESOTERIC's flag ship D/A converters, model D-01VU, Rubidium master clock generator model Grandioso G1 and ESOTERIC MEXCEL interconnect cables and power cords, were all used for this re-mastering session. This combination of highly advanced technology greatly contributed to capturing the high quality sound of the original master
Producer: Motoaki Ohmachi (ESOTERIC COMPANY) Mastering Engineering: Kazuie Sugimoto (JVC Mastering Center Daikanyama Studio)
Esoteric Equipment list for this re-mastering:
• D-01VU (D/A Converters)
• Grandioso G1 (Rubidium Master Clock Generator)
• ESOTERIC Mexcel Cables
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
- DSD Mastering
- Made in Japan
- Deluxe, Full-Color High-Quality Digi-pak Gatefold Packaging
Frédéric Chopin (1810-1849)
- Polonaise in C sharp minor, Op. 26 No. 1
- Polonaise in E flat minor, Op. 26 No. 2
- Polonaise in A major, Op. 40 No. 1 "Military"
- Polonaise in C minor, Op. 40 No. 2
- Polonaise in F sharp minor, Op. 44
- Polonaise in A flat major, Op. 53 "Heroic"
- Polonaise in A flat major, Op. 61 "Polonaise-Fantaisie"
Production and Recording Supervision: Rainer Brock
Tonmeister (Balance Engineer): Klaus Hiemann
Recorded: 21-27 November 1975, Grosser Saal, Musikverein, Wien