RCA Living Stereo 200 Gram Vinyl LP!
Remastered From The Original Master Tape & Cut at 33 1/3rpm by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound!
Lacquers Plated by Gary Salstrom & Pressed On 200g Vinyl at Quality Record Pressings!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
RCA Living Stereo classical LPs - the gold standard for top quality orchestral performance and sound!
RCA Living Stereo Reissue Series No. 2 - 25 newly-remastered classical mainstays!
Analogue Productions' RCA Living Stereo Reissue Series No. 2, with 25 newly remastered mainstay classical albums, will delight and astound your ears with their clarity and warm, rich tone. As with our first highly-regarded LSC series, shortcomings of previous editions have been improved upon from the mastering, to the LP pressing, to the sharp-looking glossy heavyweight Stoughton Printing tip-on jackets that faithfully duplicate the original artwork, "Living Stereo" logo, "Shaded Dog" label and all!
Mastered by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound from the original 3-track master tapes, cut at 33 1/3, and plated and pressed at Quality Record Pressings makers of the world's finest-sounding vinyl LPs, no other editions match these for the quietest 200-gram platters available.
Easily the most popular conductor of his era, Arthur Fiedler was classical music's greatest ambassador since Mozart, and also one of those rare conductors whose records were not only successful, but serious profit centers, both for his orchestra and his record labels.
"The Pops were the popular outfit derived from the Boston Symphony which he directed for 50 seasons until his retirement in 1979. Inevitably, the lion's share of the many discs they made for RCA were highlights and light classical selections, but an orchestra this good had no problem switching to more substantial fare, as this enjoyable release demonstrates. Prokofiev's Three Oranges Suite gets played for all its worth, and if you're partial to the famous 'March,' there are a further five brief but vivid movements to enjoy. Sylphides is never less then pleasant, though be warned that orchestrated Chopin does have a period charm but a high cringe factor!" - Amazon.com
Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
Lacquers Plated by Gary Salstrom
Remastered from the original master tape by Ryan Smith at Sterling Sound
Boston Pops Orchestra
Arthur Fiedler, conductor
Sergei Prokofiev (1891-1953)
Love For Three Oranges, Les Ridicules
1. Love For Three Oranges, Scene Infernale: Le Magicien Tchelio Et Fata Morgana Jouent Aux Cartes: Allegro Moderato
2. Love For Three Oranges, Marche: Tempo Di Marcia
3. Love For Three Oranges, Scherzo: Allegro Con Brio
4. Love For Three Oranges, Le Prince Et La Princesse: Andantiino
5. Love For Three Oranges, La Fuite: Allegro
Frederic Chopin (1810-1849)
6. Les Sylphides, Prelude, No. 7, Op. 28 No. 7
7. Les Sylphides, Nocturne, No. 10, Op. 32 No. 2
8. Les Sylphides, Valse, No. 11, Op. 70 No. 1
9. Les Sylphides, Mazurka, No. 23, Op. 33 No. 2
10. Les Sylphides, Mazurka, No. 44, Op. 67 No. 3
11. Les Sylphides, Prelude, No. 7, Op. 28 No. 7
12. Les Sylphides, Valse, No. 9, Op. 69 No. 1
13. Les Sylphides, Prelude, No. 7, Op. 28 No, 7
14. Les Sylphides, Valse, No. 7, Op. 64 No. 2
15. Les Sylphides, Grande Valse Brillante, Op. 18