Claudio Abbado conducts the Berliner Philharmoniker and Martha Argerich (piano) in Tchaikovsky's Piano Concerto No. 1 in B flat minor, Op. 23. Recorded December 8-10, 1994 (Op. 23), December 1995 (Op. 31), April 1996 (Romeo & Juliet), September 1994 (Op. 49), Grosser Saal, Berlin Philharmonie.
The reissue of classical music masterpieces by ESOTERIC has attracted a lot of attention, both for its uncompromising commitment to recreating the original master sound, and for using hybrid Super Audio CD (SACD) technology to improve sound quality. This series marks the first hybrid SACD release of historical recording selections that have been main stays of the catalog since their initial release. These new audio versions feature ESOTERIC's proprietary re-mastering process to achieve the highest level of sound quality.
SACD Producer: Motoaki Ohmachi (ESOTERIC COMPANY)
SACD Re-mastering Engineer: Masaya Higashino (JVC Mastering Center Daikanyama Studio)
SACD Authoring: Atsuo Fujita (Ef Limited)
- Limited Edition - One Time Pressing
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
- DSD Mastering
- Deluxe digipack packaging
- Made in Japan
Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky (1840-1893)
Piano Concerto No. 1 in B flat minor, Op. 23
- Allegro non troppo e molto maestoso - Allegro con spirito
- Andantino semplice - Prestissimo - Tempo I
- Allegro con fuoco
- Slavonic March, Op.31
- Romeo and Juliet - Fantasy Overture after Shakespeare
- Ouverture solennelle "1812", Op. 49