First Time On Vinyl!
Mastered From Original Tapes & Pressed at QRP!
For the first time on vinyl, Acony Records proudly presents Dave Rawlings Machine's 2015 folk roots tour de force, Nashville Obsolete. Recorded on analog tape at Woodland Studios in Nashville, Tennessee, DRM's much lauded second album features seven classic David Rawlings and Gillian Welch compositions including the perennial "The Weekend", all newly mastered through Acony's custom Ortofon amplifiers to a Neumann VMS-80 cutting system then plated and pressed on 150-gram audiophile-quality vinyl at Quality Record Pressing. Best of all, this deluxe vinyl gatefold edition includes a new lyric insert and fold-out photo collage.
"...masterpiece of American(a) gothic." - PopMatters
"...a vivid journey through a bedeviled, bygone world..." - Associated Press
"A stark and stunning masterpiece." - Acoustic Guitar
"Rawlings is the most original guitar player of his generation." - The New Yorker
• 150g Vinyl LP
• First time on vinyl
• Recorded on analog tape at Woodland Studios in Nashville, TN
• Mastered direct from the original tapes through custom Ortofon amplifiers to a Neumann VMS-80 cutting system
• Plated and pressed at Quality Record Pressings
• Deluxe gatefold package with lyric insert and fold-out photo collage
1. The Weekend
2. Short Haired Woman Blues
3. The Trip
2. The Last Pharaoh
4. Pilgrim (You Can't Go Home)