Throughout his six-decade long career, Dr. John embodied a near-mythic multitude of musical identities: Global Ambassador of New Orleans funk and jazz and R&B, visionary bluesman, rock and roll innovator, and a massively revered high priest of psychedelic voodoo.
Things Happen That Way, his final studio album, adds another dimension to his musicality: a lifelong affinity for country & western. It's a glorious farewell from one of the most essential figures in music history.
This is an uncharacteristically intimate Dr. John offering, full of vulnerability, reverie, humor, and a nostalgic longing for the country music he listened to and loved as a kid, hanging around his dad's record store....a fitting, heartfelt, and bittersweet sign-off from an American treasure, and one fans will return to.
- Vinyl LP
- Funny How Time Slips Away
- Ramblin' Man
- Gimme That Old Time Religion (feat. Willie Nelson)
- I Walk on Guilded Splinters (feat. Lukas Nelson & Promise of The Real)
- I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry
- End of the Line (feat. Aaron Neville)
- Holy Water
- Sleeping Dogs Best Left Alone
- Give Myself a Good Talkin' To
- Guess Things Happen That Way