4LP Soundtrack Features Muddy Waters, Aretha Franklin, The Beatles & More!
The complementary Original Soundtrack to the Eric Clapton documentary, Life In 12 Bars is released as a 4LP set. From Showtime Documentary Films and directed by Oscar-winner, Lili Fini Zanuck, the film takes an unflinching and deeply personal look into the life of the legendary 18-time Grammy Award winning guitarist and multi-million selling recording artist.
The OST 4-LP set comprises 32 tracks spanning Clapton's long and illustrious career. It includes tracks by The Yardbirds, John Mayall's Bluesbreakers, Cream, Blind Faith, Derek and the Dominos, The Beatles, Aretha Franklin, Muddy Waters and Clapton's solo work.
Of the 32 featured there are five previously unreleased tracks:
From the Cream era there is a version of Spoonful, an incredible 17-minute tour-de-force, recorded live at the LA Forum in October 1968 during the group's final US, Goodbye tour. There are two from Derek and The Dominos firstly a recording of High, originally recorded during the 1971 sessions at Olympic Studios for their unreleased 2nd album. This track was later revisited and re-recorded for Eric Clapton's 1975 album, There's One In Every Crowd. Secondly, the track Little Wing, a tribute to Jimi Hendrix, recorded live during the Domino's late set at The Fillmore East on October 24th, 1970. Finally, there are two previously unreleased Eric Clapton tracks from 1974; the first ever release of the entire full-length recording of the international hit version of Bob Marley's I Shot The Sheriff, recorded during the sessions for 461 Ocean Boulevard and a live performance of Little Queenie, the Chuck Berry rock 'n' roll classic, recorded at Long Beach Arena, California in July 1974 during Clapton's comeback tour to promote 461 Ocean Boulevard.
In addition, there are two alternative mixes made for Eric Clapton's 1970 debut album. Separate mixes were made for the album, by Delaney Bramlett and Tom Dowd (in LA) and also by Clapton himself (in London). Featured in this collection are Clapton's rare mixes of album highlights, After Midnight and Let It Rain.
Previously unreleased content
1. Backwater Blues - Big Bill Broonzy (1957)
2. My Life Is Ruined - Muddy Waters (1953)
3. I've Got My Mojo Working - Muddy Waters, Live at Newport Jazz Festival 1960
4. I Wish You Would - The Yardbirds
5. For Your Love - The Yardbirds - 1965
6. Steppin' Out - John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers 1966
7. All Your Love- John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers 1966
8. I Feel Free - Cream 1966
9. Strange Brew - Cream 1967
10. Sunshine Of Your Love - Cream
11. Good To Me As I Am To You - Aretha Franklin 1967
1. Crossroads - Cream Recorded 10 March 1968 at Winterland, San Francisco, CA
2. While My Guitar Gently Weeps - The Beatles Recorded September 5-6, 1968
3. Badge - Cream 1968
4. White Room - Cream recorded October 4, 1968 at Oakland Coliseum Arena
5. Spoonful - Cream live at LA Forum, October 19, 1968 (previously unreleased)
6. Presence Of The Lord - Blind Faith
1. Comin' Home - Delaney & Bonnie & Friends feat. Eric Clapton
2. After Midnight -Eric Clapton alternate mix 1970
3. Let It Rain - Eric Clapton alternate mix 1970
4. High - Derek and The Dominos, Olympic Studios, April 1971 - previously unreleased
5. My Sweet Lord - George Harrison 1970
6. Thorn Tree In The Garden - Derek and The Dominos 1970
7. Nobody Knows You When You're Down And Out - Derek and The Dominos 1970
8. Bell Bottom Blues - Derek and The Dominos 1970
1. Layla - Derek and The Dominos 1970
2. Little Wing - Derek and The Dominos, Live at the Fillmore 1970
3. Got To Get Better In A Little While - Derek and The Dominos
4. I Shot The Sheriff - Eric Clapton, full length version from 461 Ocean Blvd 1970 - previously unreleased
5. Little Queenie - Eric Clapton, live at Long Beach Arena, 1974 - previously unreleased
6. Mainline Florida - Eric Clapton 1974
7. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton studio version