A unique snapshot of Funkadelic's live performance at the height of their powers. Recorded live at Meadowbrook, Rochester, Michigan on the 12th of September 1971, this is the only official in-concert recording from their early career.
The crystal clear recordings here (taken from the soundboard master tapes) provide you with an overdose of free-floating psychedelic black rock and spaced-out jams that can only be described as 'Jimi Hendrix, James Brown & Sun Ra making a love-child live on stage'.
This release also includes extensive & exhaustive liner notes from the Grammy-award winning professor of ethnomusicology 'Rob Bowman' who goes over each track in detail and also wrote down quotes from Bernie Worrell & Billy Bass.
Featuring an all-star line up that includes George Clinton, Fuzzy Haskins, Calvin Simon, Grady Thomas, Ray Davis, Tyrone Lampkin, Eddie Hazel, Billy Bass Nelson, Bernie Worrell & former Isaac Hayes sideman Harold Beane.
- Double LP
- The only official in-concert recording from the group's early career
- Crystal clear recordings taken from the soundboard master tapes
- All star line-up featuring George Clinton, Eddie Hazel & Bernie Worrell
- Extensive liner notes
- Alice In My Fantasies
- Maggot Brain
- I Call My Baby Pussycat (Fast Version)
- I Call My Baby Pussycat
- Good Old Music
- I Got A Thing, You Got A Thing, Everybody Got A Thing
- All Your Goodies Are Gone (The Loser's Seat)
- I'll Bet You
- You And Your Folks, Me And My Folks
- Free Your Mind And Your Ass Will Follow (Instrumental)