Limited Edition 200 Gram LP! Pressed at Quality Record Pressings!
Mastered by Kevin Gray & Cut from the Original Stereo 100% Analog Master Tapes!
This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Part of the ultimate audiophile Prestige stereo reissues from Analogue Productions 25 of the most collectible, rarest, most audiophile-sounding Rudy Van Gelder recordings ever made. All mastered from the original analog master tapes by mastering maestro Kevin Gray. 200-gram LPs pressed at state-of -the-art plant Quality Record Pressings and plated by Gary Salstrom. Deep groove label pressings, tip-on jackets on thick cardboard stock.
For nearly a quarter-century, beginning in 1950, tenor saxophonist Gene Ammons (1925-1974) was among the brightest stars in the Prestige Records firmament. Whether leading or partaking in one of Prestiges jam sessions, immersing himself in the organ-dominated blues and gospel grooves that in the 1950s came to be called soul jazz, or digging deep for heart-rending ballads, Ammons was multiply masterful. And in 1960, leading a quintet featuring the impeccable pianist Tommy Flanagan, plus Ray Barrettos piquant congas, he produced the insuperable Boss Tenor.
From the blues that drips from Hittin the Jug and Blue Ammons to the infectious medium bounce of the standards Close Your Eyes and Canadian Sunset, and from the sophisticated swing of Stompin at the Savoy to the finger-poppin bop of Confirmation and the after-hours balladry of My Romance, Boss Tenor has something for everyone claiming to be a fan of modern jazz.
• 200g Vinyl LP
• Limited Edition, Less Than 1000 Records per stamper, released in limited quantities
• The Original 100% Analog Master Tapes were used working with only the Best Mastering Studios!
• Mastered by Kevin Gray & Plated by Gary Salstrom
• Plated and Pressed at Quality Record Pressings on Virgin Vinyl
• Meticulous Test Pressing Evaluation and Quality Control
• Deluxe Packaging using the highest quality jackets and rice paper inner sleeves
• Officially Licensed & Authorized for release by the Record Label
Gene Ammons, tenor saxophone
Tommy Flanagan, piano
Ray Barretto, congas
Doug Watkins, bass
Arthur Taylor, drums
1. Hittin' the Jug
2. Close Your Eyes
3. My Romance
4. Canadian Sunset
5. Blue Ammons