This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Gile Bae, an internationally acclaimed classical pianist, begins an important recording career with fonè records. Gifted from a young age, she has won numerous awards and performs at international stages, and is an artist devotee of the renowned Bösendorfer pianos.
Her first album sees her busy with J.S. Bach's Goldberg Variations - an absolute masterpiece. This album was recorded in the Sala dell'Ermellino - Casa della Musica in Milano in November 2019. For this prestigious recording fonè's Giulio Cesare Ricci used the legendary original tube microphones Neumann U47, U48.
Recordings are in Stereo DSD on the Pyramix Recorder using the dCS A/D and D/A converters. A state-of-the-art system without any sound manipulation, neither equalization, nor reverberation, nor compression and expansion ... but natural sound with true timbre to best enhance the acoustics of the Sala dell'Ermellino. The mastering has been relalized by Giulio Cesare Ricci using the Signoricci system, entirely analog and tube. No editing was used; all tracks on the record are heard as they were performed.
With this recording Giulio Cesare Ricci wanted to make the listener live a unique experience. It is as if the listener was sitting on an armchair positioned in the ideal point of the Sala dell'Ermellino. In this position the sound has a field effect and its depth, width and height are very appreciable. Great dynamics but also great precision. It's an album not to be missed.
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
- Conceived, recorded & produced by Giulio Cesare Ricci
- No editing - all tracks on this record are heard as they were performed
- Tube processed digital master
- Natural Sound Recording
- HiFi Reference
- Made in EU
- Total Time: 69'48
Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750)
Goldberg Variations BWV 988
- Variation 1
- Variation 2
- Variation 3 canone all'unisono
- Variation 4
- Variation 5
- Variation 6 canone alla seconda
- Variation 7 al tempo di giga
- Variation 8
- Variation 9 canone alla terza
- Variation 10 fughetta
- Variation 11
- Variation 12 canone alla quarta
- Variation 13
- Variation 14
- Variation 15 canone alla quinta in moto contrario Andante (G minor)
- Variation 16 ouverture
- Variation 17
- Variation 18 canone alla sesta
- Variation 19
- Variation 20
- Variation 21 canone alla settima (G minor)
- Variation 22 alla breve
- Variation 23
- Variation 24 canone all'ottava
- Variation 25 adagio (G minor)
- Variation 26
- Variation 27 canone alla nona
- Variation 28
- Variation 29
- Variation 30 quodlibet
- Aria finale