The musical score for Good Will Hunting was composed by Danny Elfman, who had previously collaborated with Gus Van Sant on To Die For and would go on to score many of the director's other films. The film also features many songs written and recorded by singer-songwriter Elliott Smith. His song "Miss Misery" was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Original Song. Elfman's score was also nominated for an Oscar. The soundtrack also features tracks from Al Green, Gerry Rafferty, and more.
The 1997 film Good Will Hunting featured stars Robin Williams, Matt Damon, Ben Affleck, Minnie Driver, and Stellan Skarsgard. The film was written by Affleck and Damon and follows a 20-year old laborer from South Boston, an unrecognized genius. Damon plays the lead character who becomes a patient of a therapist portrayed by Robin Williams and studies advanced math with a renowned professor (played by Skarsgard).
The critically acclaimed film became a financial success and was nominated for nine Academy Awards including Best Picture. The film won two awards for Best Supporting Actor (Williams) and Best Original Screenplay.
LP 1 - Side A:
1. Between The Bars (Orchestral) Elliott Smith
2. As The Rain Jeb Loy Nichols
3. Angeles Elliott Smith
4. No Name #3 Elliott Smith
LP 1 - Side B:
1. Fishermans Blues The Waterboys
2. Why Do I Lie? Luscious Jackson
3. Will Hunting (Main Titles) Danny Elfman
LP 2 - Side C:
1. Between The Bars Elliott Smith
2. Say Yes Elliott Smith
3. Baker Street Gerry Rafferty
4. Somebodys Baby Andru Donalds
LP 2 - Side D:
1. Boys Better The Dandy Warhols
2. How Can You Mend A Broken Heart Al Green
3. Miss Misery Elliott Smith
4. Weepy Donuts Danny Elfman