This hard-swinging February 9, 1958 date with Lee Morgan, Wynton Kelly, Paul Chambers and Charlie Persip was the last in a run of outstanding albums that Mobley and Morgan made for Blue Note in the two years prior.
The decision to purchase a SACD of a Blue Note issue that you may already have in your collection comes down to a dramatic improvement in acoustics and sound stage with an upgrade in sound mix. Peckin' Time meets the standard in my opinion. Getting to hear Hank Mobley teamed with Lee Morgan, backed by an elite rhythm section makes the purchase a sound decision.
- Super Audio CD
- SACD Stereo SACD Layer
- This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
- Mastered for SACD by Kevin Gray & Steve Hoffman at AcousTech Mastering
- Original Blue Note Label Recording
|Hank Mobley||tenor sax|
- High And Flighty
- Speak Low
- Peckin' Time
- Stretchin' Out
- Git-Go Blues
- High And Flighty (Alt Take)
- Speak Low (Alt Take)
- Stretchin' Out (Alt Take)
Recorded at Rudy Van Gelder Studio, Hackensack, NJ, February 9, 1958