Herbert von Karajan conducts the Berliner Philharmoniker for this recording of Brahms' Third Symphony and Tragische Ouverture.
Karajan's interpretations are orthodox and exemplary. He has intellectual mastery over every symphony, even the difficult Third, which clearly presents him with no difficulties at all... the performance of the Second Symphony has a beautifully lyrical, golden quality, with rich, warm phrasing, and plenty of vigour in the last movements.
- Audiophile 180g Virgin Vinyl
- Pressed at Pallas Group GmbH in Germany
- Audiophile analogue mastering by Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios in Berlin
- Mastered from the Original Masters of Universal Music
- Analogphonic release
|Herbert von Karajan||conductor|
Johannes Brahms (1833-1897)
Symphony no. 3 in F major, op. 90
- Allegro Con Brio
- Poco Allegretto
Tragic Overture, op. 81
- Allegro Non Troppo - Motto Piu Moderato - Tempo Primo - Un Poco Sostenuto - In Tempo