Playable on any CD player, the Ultimate High Quality CD greatly surpasses all previous CDs before it!
Herbert von Karajan conducts the Berliner Philharmoniker for this recording of Ravel's Bolero alongside Mussorgsky's Pictures At An Exhibition.
All About Ultimate High Quality CD (UHQCD)
Many years have passed since the birth of the Audio Compact Disc (CD) back in 1982. By use of High-Quality materials and a totally different manufacturing method, the definitive version of audiophile audio CD was born. Playable on any CD player, the Ultimate High Quality CD greatly surpasses all previous CDs before it!
The Ultimate High Quality CD (UHQCD):
UHQCD is a radical change to the CD manufacturing process itself. The conventional wisdom about CD manufacturing, which had remained largely unchanged across the world for over 30 years, has been exhaustively questioned. Through this effort, the ultimate in quality was attained - a level of quality that is certainly impossible to achieve with existing CD discs.
The Ultimate High Quality CD was developed through an effort to improve audio quality by simply upgrading the materials used in ordinary CDs to higher quality materials. For the substrate a high-transparency and high-fluidity polycarbonate (a type of plastic) of the type used for LCD panels was used, while for the reflective layer, low-cost, common aluminum was replaced with a unique and expensive alloy of high-reflectivity.
Differences in manufacturing methods:
Conventional CDs are produced using the technique of injection molding to form "pits" of data on polycarbonate material. Metal plate on which "pits" representing audio source data are formed is used as a die. This is called the "stamper." Polycarbonate is melted at high temperature and poured into the die to duplicate the pit patterns on the stamper.
This method is efficient because it enables high-speed production, but it does not enable totally accurate or complete duplication of the pits on the stamper. As a melted plastic, polycarbonate is inevitably viscous, so it cannot penetrate completely into every land and groove of the tiny pits of the stamper.
The Ultimate High Quality CD photopolymer is used instead of polycarbonate to replicate the pits of the stamper. In their normal state, photopolymers are liquids, but one of their characteristic properties is that they harden when exposed to light of certain wavelengths. The advantage of this property, perfect replication of very finely detailed pits was achieved. Photopolymers in the liquid state are able to penetrate into the tiniest corners of pits on the stamper so that the pattern of the pits is reproduced to an extremely high level of accuracy. The Ultimate High Quality CD reproduces audio with greater precision and at a level that is impossible to achieve using conventional CD production technology!
Packaged in an XRCD-like luxury digipak complete with full color CD booklet.
Ultimate High Quality CD
Made in Japan
Superior Crystal Sound
XRCD-Like Luxury Digipak
Playable on conventional CD players
Herbert von Karajan, conductor
Maurice Ravel (1875-1937)
1. Tempo di Bolero moderato assai
2. I. Prelude a la nuit. Tres modere
3. II. Malaguena. Assez vif
4. III. Habanera. Assez lent et d'un rythme las
5. IV. Feria. Assez anime
Modest Mussorgsky (1839-1881)
Pictures at an Exhibition
6. Promenade. Allegro giusto, nel modo russico; senza allegrezza, ma poco sostenuto
7. Gnomus. Vivo
8. Promenade. Moderato comodo e con delicatezza
9. Il vecchio castello. Andante
10. Promenade. Moderato non tanto. Pesante
11. Tuileries. Allegretto non troppo. Capriccioso
12. Bydlo. Sempre moderato. Pesante
13. Promenade. Tranquillo
14. Ballet des Petits Poussins dans leurs Coques. Scherzo; Vivo leggiero
15. Samuel Goldenberg and Schmuyle. Andante
16. Limoges: Le Marche. Allegretto vivo sempre scherzando
17. Catacombae: Sepulchrum Romanum. Largo
18. Cum mortuis in lingua mortua. Andante non troppo. Con lamento
19. La Cabane de Baba-Yaga sur des pattes de Poule. Allegro con brio. Geroce - Andante mosso - Allegro molto
20. La Grande Porte de Kiev. Allegro alla breve. Maestoso. Con grandezza