This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Sir Georg Solti conducts the London Philharmonic Orchestra for this Original Master Recording of The Planets by Holst.
The UHQR by Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab is the most technologically-advanced analog record of it's time. The overall sonic impact is startling, featuring extremely specific imaging, greatly expanded frequency response and vastly improved channel separation.
The UHQR weighs more than twice as much as a conventional LP and takes more than ten times longer to press. As a result, it contains far more high fidelity information within its grooves. Each UHQR is elegantly boxed and protectively packaged. Pressings were strictly limited to 5000 editions, each one hand numbered for authenticity.
• Numbered, Limited Edition
• Heavy-Weight 200 Gram "Virgin" Vinyl
• Includes Certificate of Authenticity
• 1/2 Speed Mastered by Original Masteringworks
• Mastered from Original Stereo Master Tape
• Mastered with the Ortofon Cutting System
• Specially plated & pressed on high-definition Super Vinyl by Victor Company of Japan Ltd
• Special static-free, dust-free inner sleeve
• Special heavy duty protective packaging
Ladies of the London Philharmonic Choir
London Philharmonic Orchestra
Sir Georg Solti
Gustav Holst (1874-1934)
1. Mars, the Bringer of War
2. Venus, the Bringer of Peace
3. Mercury, the Winged Messenger
4. Jupiter, the Bringer of Jollity
5. Saturn, the Bringer of Old Age
6. Uranus, the Magician
7. Neptune, the Mystic
Recorded February 1978 in Kingsway Hall, London