Guitar legend Jeff Beck continually reaches for new heights and successfully creates exciting performances with each new album he releases. No stranger to the stages of the world, a Jeff Beck concert is always an event. Whether playing to sell out stadiums, theatres or smaller intimate club settings, his performances are second to none.
It is no secret that Les Paul was a big influence on Jeff Beck. The two icons were good friends, and Jeff always wanted to do something special for this late pioneer of the music world. He enlisted a couple of his closest friends like new sensations Imelda May and Darrel Higham, jazz great Trombone Shorty, the legendary Gary U.S. Bonds, and Stray Cats founder Brian Setzer and delivered what comes naturally to an artist of his caliber, a truly amazing one-time concert performance for the history books.
It is with much honor to announce the first time Friday Music 180 Gram Audiophile Vinyl release of the amazing recording, Jeff Becks Rock N Roll Party: Honoring Les Paul. This Deluxe Limited Edition 2 LP set was mastered impeccably from the original ATCO Records/Deuce Records tapes for vinyl by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music Studios and Capitol Mastering in Hollywood.
Filled with four artfully mastered sides of non-stop artistry, Jeff Beck and friends create the atmosphere of a party that never stops! Solid openers like Double Talkin Baby and Cruisin featuring the soaring vocals of Darrel Higham kick this bash into high gear. Even Jeff Becks old band The Yardbirds get a nod with a stunning rendition of The Train Kept A Rollin.
Then, theres the one and only Imelda May. One of the most talked about, exciting stars in the music world today. Her arresting voice and Jeff Becks unmatched guitar technique is a duo made in heaven. Both artists are beautifully displayed on their amazing interpretations of Les Paul and Mary Fords hits How High The Moon, Vaya Con Dios, Mockingbird Hill and others.
Make room for even more rockers as the super high energy band and Maestro Jeff Beck take on top notch instrumentals like Henry Mancinis classic Peter Gunn, the California surf sounds of Apache and of course Santo and Johnnys ballad of all ballads Sleepwalk.
Even more Imelda May and Darrel Higham vocals excel further, as a parade of guest stars enter the stage with the fantastic classic rock and soul sounds of Gary U.S. Bonds with the rockin New Orleans. Plus, the amazing closer with Brian Setzer and his solid interpretation of Eddie Cochrans Twenty Flight Rock... make this wonderful album an unbelievable one-of-a-kind event for sure!
Jeff Becks Rock N Roll Party: Honoring Les Paul is truly an inspiring and amazing showcase of music, master musician ship and a tribute to an innovator of the music business, which was perfectly recorded for a high grade vinyl release... now a rock n roll reality courtesy of Jeff Beck and Friday Music.
180g Audiophile Vinyl
Mastered from Original ATCO Records/Deuce Records Tapes
Mastered by Joe Reagoso at Friday Music Studios and Capitol Mastering in Hollywood
Jeff Beck, guitars
Al Gare, bass
Jason Rebello, keyboards
Steve Rushton, drums, backing vocals
Dave Priseman, trumpet
Leo Green, saxophone
Blue Lou Marini, baritone saxophone
Gary "U.S." Bonds, vocals
Darrell Higham, guitars, vocals
Imelda May, vocals
Brian Setzer, vocals
Trombone Shorty, trombone
LP1 - Side One:
1. Double Talkin' Baby - featuring Darrell Highham, vocals
2. Cruisin' - featuring Darrell Highham, vocals
3. The Train Kept A Rollin - featuring Darrell Highham, vocals
4. Cry Me A River - featuring Imelda May, vocals
5. How High The Moon - featuring Imelda May, vocals
LP1 - Side Two:
1. Sitting On Top Of The World - featuring Imelda May, vocals
2. Bye Bye Blues - featuring Imelda May, vocals
3. The World Is Waiting For The Sunrise - featuring Imelda May, vocals
4. Vaya Con Dios - featuring Imelda May, vocals
5. Mocking Bird Hill - featuring Imelda May, vocals
LP2 - Side Three:
1. I'm A Fool To Care - featuring Imelda May, vocals
2. Tiger Rag - featuring Imelda May, vocals
3. Peter Gunn
4. Rocking Is Our Business - featuring Darrell Highham, vocals
LP2 - Side Four:
1. Sleep Walk
2. New Orleans - featuring Gary "U.S." Bonds, vocals
3. Walking In the Sand - featuring Imelda May, vocals
4. Please Mr. Jailer - featuring Imelda May, vocals
5. Twenty Flight Rock - featuring Brian Setzer, vocals