Mastered From Original Source and Pressed on High Quality 180g Vinyl at Quality Record Pressings!
Experience Hendrix LLC and Legacy Recordings proudly announce titles representing the fourth wave of releases in the monumental Jimi Hendrix Catalog Project.
The fourth round titles from the artist Rolling Stone magazine called "the greatest guitarist of all time" focuses on Hendrix the concert performer with outstanding releases underscoring the artist's electrifying on-stage prowess.
Consisting of live material recorded at venues ranging from the Berkeley Community Theatre and the San Diego Sports Arena to the Isle of Wight Festival, Hendrix In The West captures the guitarist exploring new directions in sound during 1969-70. Robert Christgau, the Dean of American Rock Critics, called Hendrix's versions of "Red House" and, "Johnny B. Goode" on this album "definitive." Out of print in the US since 1974 and for more than two decades internationally, Hendrix In The West, has remained one of the most requested albums by fans to return to the commercial marketplace. Mastered from the original sources and pressed on high-quality 200-gram vinyl at Quality Record Pressings, and up to the same stellar standards as Legacy's reissues of Hendrix's groundbreaking studio efforts, the record have never sounded or looked better.
The album's iconic cover features a classic Jim Marshall photograph of the guitarist and the book included contains rare and previously unseen images captured by Marshalls distinctive lens. Also included are five previously unavailable bonus tracks. In addition to the Chuck Berry cover, Hendrix also covers the Beatles' "Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band", and Carl Perkins' "Blue Suede Shoes".
High Quality 180g Vinyl
Double Gatefold LP
Mastered From Original Source
Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
Rare photographs by Jim Marshall
Five Previously Unavailable Bonus Tracks
LP1 - Side One:
1. The Queen (Recorded Live at the Isle of Wight, August 30, 1970)
2. Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band (Recorded Live at the Isle of Wight, August 30, 1970)
3. Little Wing (Recorded Live at Winterland, October 12, 1968 - 2nd Show)
4. Fire (Recorded Live at the San Diego Sports Arena, May 24, 1969)
5. I Dont Live Today (Recorded Live at the San Diego Sports Arena, May 24, 1969)
LP1 - Side Two:
1. Red House (Recorded Live at the San Diego Sports Arena, May 24, 1969)
LP2 - Side One:
1. Johnny B. Goode (Recorded Live at the Berkeley Community Theatre, May 30, 1970 - 1st Show)
2. Lover Man (Recorded Live at the Berkeley Community Theatre, May 30, 1970 - 2nd Show)
3. Blue Suede Shoes (Recorded Live at the Berkeley Community Theatre, May 30, 1970 - Rehearsals)
LP2 - Side Two:
1. Spanish Castle Magic (Recorded Live at the San Diego Sports Arena, May 24, 1969)
2. Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (Recorded Live at the San Diego Sports Arena, May 24, 1969)