Bad Reputation is the debut solo album by Joan Jett, originally self-released in 1980 as Joan Jett after her previous band The Runaways disbanded, then reissued on Boardwalk Records in 1981 as Bad Reputation. This debut album features the classics "Bad Reputation" and "Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)."
Recorded before Jett formed The Blackhearts, the majority of the album features Jett backed by members of the Roll-Ups, with Lea Hart on guitar, Jeff Peters on bass, and Paul Simmons on drums. Other tracks include well known musicians, such as the Sex Pistols' Steve Jones and Paul Cook, Blondie's Clem Burke and Frank Infante.
"Joan Jett's debut album is an infectious romp through her influences, ranging from classic '50s and '60s rock & roll through glam rock, three-chord loud'n'fast Ramones punk, and poppier new wave guitar rock...the title track is a classic." -Steve Huey, allmusic.com
Includes limited time download card of full album featuring bonus tracks and enhanced material
1. Bad Reputation
2. Make Believe
3. You Don't Know What You've Got
4. You Don't Own Me
5. Too Bad On Your Birthday
6. Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah)
7. Let Me Go
8. Doin' All Right With The Boys
11. Don't Abuse Me
12. Wooly Bully
Bonus Tracks (Download Only):
1. Call Me Lightning
2. Hanky Panky
3. What Can I Do For You?
4. You Don't Own Me (Previously Unreleased Version)
5. Bad Reputation (Live with The Remains of The Ramones)
Enhanced Footage (Download Only):
1. Shout - Convention Hall, Asbury Park, NJ (August 7, 1982)
2. Do You Wanna Touch Me (Oh Yeah) - The Summit, Houston, TX (October 7, 1983)
3. Bad Reputation - Long Island Brewing Company, Jericho, NY (January 29, 1998)