This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
A few weeks before his 90th birthday, the legendary American film composer John Williams conducted the Berliner Philharmoniker for the first time! The Tagesspiegel summed up the event as simply "one of those great evenings." Regardless of whether Star Wars, Harry Potter or Indiana Jones, the symphonic Hollywood sounds on the stage of the Berliner Philharmoniker thrilled the audience right from the start. The soundtracks of John Williams are among the most popular in the history of film and have received numerous prestigious awards, including five Oscars, five Emmys, four Golden Globes and twenty-five Grammys.
The album 'John Williams - The Berlin Concert' celebrates the iconic composer and captures the impressive energy of this unique concert played by one of the world's greatest orchestras. Under Williams' baton, the musicians bring exceptional tonal beauty and an edge-of-the-seat intensity to a thrilling selection of his scores. "John Williams doesn't need the films, the films need him," wrote Rolling Stone after the concert. The album presents cult themes from Harry Potter, Jurassic Park, Superman, Indiana Jones, Star Wars and other milestones in film history.
The limited LP-set with two 180g vinyl LPs is presented in a high-quality gatefold with a noble gold foil look on the cover.
It is heartening to see John Williams, the dean of film composers, recognized in his old age by invitations to lead the grand European orchestras, first the Vienna Philharmonic and then, here, the Berlin Philharmonic... Williams fans will probably want both albums, for the contents do not overlap much. This is possible because he has written such an abundance of great music, and any hearer of these albums cannot help but reflect on how deeply his music is woven into the contemporary cinematic consciousness. One will also notice how much Williams owes to the grand tradition of Austrian-American film music, growing out of Wagner and Strauss....The album has been billed as a meeting between the greatest film [composer] in the world and the greatest orchestra in the world. Certainly, neither characterization is far off, and the combination results in a very special release indeed.
- Limited Edition
- 180g Vinyl
- Double LP
- High-Quality Gatefold with Gold Foil Look
- Made in Germany
|John Williams||composer, conductor|
John Williams (b.1932)
- Olympic Fanfare and Theme
- Excerpts from Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- Suite from Far and Away
- Flying Theme from E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial
- Hedwig's Theme from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Nimbus 2000 from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Harry's Wondrous World from Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Theme from Jurassic Park
- Superman March
- Scherzo for Motorcycle and Orchestra from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade
- Marion's Theme from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Raiders March from Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark
- Elegy for Cello and Orchestra (with Bruno Delepelaire)
- The Adventures of Han from Solo: A Star Wars Story
- Yoda's Theme from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back
- Throne Room & Finale from Star Wars: A New Hope
- Princess Leia's Theme from Star Wars: A New Hope
- The Imperial March from Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back