The comprehensive remastering and repackaging upgrade of the Man In Black's legendary Sun Records catalogue continues with the release of Johnny Cash's seventh and final album for Sun Records. Long after Cash's departure for Columbia Records in 1958, Sun's 1964 release of 'Original Sun Sound of Johnny Cash' proved they still had a catalogue of high-quality unreleased Cash material in their vaults, including four new songs: "New Mexico", "Goodnight Irene", "Always Alone" and "Two Timin' Woman". In fact, Sun had released the leanest, most accomplished album in the Cash canon. The record also featured Cash's career-defining single "Big River", which reached No. 4 in the country charts in 1958 and shows off his instinctive poetic ability.
Complete with sleeve notes by Sun Records authority Adam Komorowski and Sun Entertainment Corporation president John Singleton, this LP has been remastered from the original Sun master tapes by Nick Robbins at Soundmastering Studios and cut to lacquers at by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering in London.
The Johnny Cash reissue series has been personally overseen by Singleton in Nashville and Charly Records founder Jean-Luc Young, continuing the long relationship between the companies begun by Shelby Singleton and Young almost 50 years ago.
Charly Records have outdone themselves with this current Cash refresh. From first reveal of the meticulously reproduced physical product to that needle-on-wax moment, it's clear that the team behind the magic here know their onions. It's a series that's destined to enthrall any recent arrivals to Cash's oaky tones and add extra sonic dimensions for the diehards, while giving audiophiles a timely fix.
- 180g Vinyl
- First 1000 Copies Pressed on Limited Edition Magenta Vinyl
- Remastered from the original Sun master tapes by Nick Robbins at Soundmastering Studios
- Cut to lacquers by Matt Colton at Alchemy Mastering using a Studer A80 custom ultra-low noise replay machine & a modified Neumann VMS 80 lacquer mastering lathe
- Sleeve notes by Sun Records authority Adam Komorowski and Sun Entertainment Corporation President John A. Singleton
- Made in the EU
- Always Alone
- Country Boy
- Goodnight Irene
- Wide Open Road
- Thanks A Lot
- Big River
- Born To Lose
- New Mexico
- I Forgot To Remember To Forget
- Two Timin' Woman
- The Story Of A Broken Heart