Glamorous Icon Singing the Favorites!
Includes "Diamonds Are A Girl's Best Friend", "Happy Birthday" to President Kennedy & Many More!!
Monroe began a career as a model, which led to a film contract in 1946. Her early film appearances were minor, but her performances in The Asphalt Jungle and All About Eve (both 1950) were critically acclaimed. In a few years, Monroe reached stardom and was cast as the leading lady in such films as Gentlemen Prefer Blondes, How to Marry a Millionaire, The Seven Year Itch, and Some Like It Hot.
The typecasting of Monroe's "dumb blonde" persona limited her career prospects, so she broadened her range. She studied at the Actors Studio and formed Marilyn Monroe Productions. Her dramatic performance in Bus Stop was hailed by critics, and she won a Golden Globe Award for Some Like it Hot. In 1999, Monroe was ranked as the sixth greatest female star of all time by the American Film Institute. In the years and decades following her death, Monroe has often been cited as a pop and cultural icon.
Apart from being a great actress, Marilyn had an absolutely wonderful voice. Her distinctively breathy singing style is showcased here on this Double Vinyl 180 Gram set from Vinyl Passion. Listen to every nuance and subtlety of Marilyn's melancholic voice. Superb Sound Quality!
"...She had a good voice that matched her seductive visual appeal, and her limited catalog includes effective interpretations of the work of such songwriters as Harold Adamson and Hoagy Carmichael; Harold Arlen and Johnny Mercer; Irving Berlin; Sammy Cahn and James Van Heusen; Cole Porter; and Leo Robin and Jule Styne... Marilyn Monroe's singing constitutes a limited but significant part of her overall appeal as a performer. Especially because there is a tendency to focus on her fame and her troubled life over her actual work, it is worth listening to as an example of the real talent she brought to her performances." - William Ruhlmann, allmusic.com
Direct Metal Master
Made in the E.U.
Includes the Famous "Happy Birthday" to President Kennedy
LP1 - Side A:
1. Diamonds Are A Girls Best Friend
2. When Love Goes Wrong (with Jane Russell)
3. Two Little Girls From Little Rock (with Jane Russell)
4. Bye Bye Baby
5. Ladies Of The Chorus
6. Every Baby Needs A Da Da Daddy
7. Anyone Can See I Love You
LP1 - Side B:
1. One Silver Dollar
2. Down In The Meadow
3. The River Of No Return
4. Im Gonna File My Claim
5. I Wanna Be Loved By You
6. Im Through With Love
7. Runnin Wild
8. Some Like It Hot
9. She Acts Like A Woman Should
10. Youd Be Surprised
11. Do It Again
LP2 Side C:
1. A Fine Romance
2. After You Get What You Want, You Dont Want It
3. Heat Wave
4. A Man Chases A Girl (with Donald OConnor)
6. That Old Black Magic
7. I Found A Dream (with Laurence Olivier)
LP2 - Side D:
1. My Heart Belongs To Daddy
2. Lets Make Love (with Yves Montand & Frankie Vaughan)
3. Incurably Romantic (with Yves Montand)
4. Incurably Romantic (with Frankie Vaughan)
6. "Rachmaninov" & "Chopsticks" (with Tom Ewell)
7. Happy Birthday (for President Kennedy); Thanks For The Memory