For Over 20 Years, the Geo-Disc has Been the Most Accurate and Most Affordable Alignment Gauge!
The MFSL GEO-DISC makes cartridge setup easy! You will never realize the full potential of your cartridge without setting it up properly, but let's face it... mounting and aligning a phono cartridge can be a tedious and time-consuming chore. Not so with the Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab GEO-DISC!
Finally available again after too long an absence, the GEO-DISC is easy to use and extremely accurate cartridge alignment device. Simply put the MFSL GEO-DISC on your platter as you would a record and align your cartridge using the simple printed graph based on the Baerwald alignment curve. It's that easy! Our highest recommendation!
Directions for Use:
1. Mount cartridge in headshell but do not tighten mounting screws completely; balance arm and set recommended tracking and anti-skate forces.
2. Place Geo-Disc on Turntable.
3. Move your eye close to the sight-line ("A-B") and sight along the small ridge atop ("A-B"); rotate the Geo-Disc so that the ridge points directly at the center of the tonearm lateral pivot point. Then use a piece of adhesive tape to keep Geo-Disc from turning.
4. To set proper overhang, adjust cartridge in headshell so that, when gently lowered onto grid ("C"), the stylus rests directly in the small indentation in the center of the white circle on the grid ("C").
5. For proper offset angle, look at the front and sides of the cartridge body relative to the grid; raise stylus off Geo-Disc and twist cartridge in the headshell so that front and sides of cartridge are squared with the grid. Recheck Step #4.
6. Final offset angle is achieved by sighting along line ("D-E") - the stylus shaft should appear to be in line with ("D-E"). If not, twist the cartridge to the proper position. Recheck #4.
7. Tighten mounting screws. Recheck Step #5.overhang.
Special Note: Works with Straight-Style and S-Shaped tonearms.