180g Audiophile Virgin Vinyl LP!
Mastered From Original Analogue Masters Of Universal Music!
Audiophile Analog Mastering By Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios! Pressed at Pallas!
Violinist Nathan Milstein is accompanied by pianist Carlo Bussotti in a program of Gallo, Schumann, Brahms, Suk, Bloch and an arrangement by Milstein himself. Recorded December 21-23, 1953, and January 8, 1954, at Capitol Studio A in New York City.
"In the two Milstein disks that Capitol has issued thus far, it has seen to it that the eminent violinist has been accord-ed the finest reproduction possible. The present one might very well stand as an object lesson in how properly to record a violin soloist. The selection of material is also very fine. Of special interest are the Pergolesi Sonata, the final movement of which was used by Stravinsky in his ballet Pulcinella; the Schumann and Brahms works, which com-prise the second and third movements, respectively, of a sonata these two men, together with Albert Dietrich, wrote in honor of Joachim and the unaccompanied Paganiniana, Milstein's own very effective medley of portions of several Paganini Caprices. It goes without saying that the performances of all the music here are of the highest order." - High Fidelity
- 180g Audiophile Virgin Vinyl
- Mastered From Original Analogue Masters of Universal Music
- Audiophile Analog Mastering By Rainer Maillard at Emil Berliner Studios
- Pressed at Pallas Group GmbH in Germany
- Analogphonic recording
- Domenico Gallo - Trio Sonata No.12 in E major (This track has been attributed to Giovanni Pergolesi in this recording)
- Robert Schumann : Intermezzo
- Johannes Brahms : Allegro
- Josef Suk : Burleska
- Ernest Bloch : Nigun
- Nathan Milstein (arr.) : Paganiniana