The 1965 album I Put A Spell On You features some of Nina Simone's best-known songs, including her cover of Screamin' Jay Hawkins' "I Put A Spell On You". The original version gave it an ironic theme, but Simone transformed it into a thrilling love song, complete with horns and strings, becoming one of her most well-known songs. She used the title for her 1992 autobiography "I Put A Spell On You".
Seeking to offer definitive audiophile grade versions of some of the most historic and best jazz records ever recorded, Verve Label Group and Universal Music Enterprises' new audiophile Acoustic Sounds vinyl reissue series utilizes the skills of top mastering engineers and the unsurpassed production craft of Quality Record Pressings. All titles are mastered from the original analog tapes, pressed on 180-gram vinyl and packaged by Stoughton Printing Co. in high-quality gatefold sleeves with tip-on jackets.
"We are excited to launch our Acoustic Sounds series," said Bruce Resnikoff, President & CEO of UMe. "Verve and UMe have one of the richest jazz catalogs ever recorded and our goal is to give vinyl and music lovers the best possible versions of classic albums. The Acoustic Sounds series is designed to appeal to today's most discriminating fans, and those discovering this treasured legacy for the first time, looking for the very finest in both artistic content and audio quality."
- Acoustic Sounds Series reissue from Verve/Universal Music Enterprises
- 180g Vinyl LP
- Mastered by Ryan K. Smith at Sterling Sound From Original Analog Tapes
- Pressed at Quality Record Pressings
- Stoughton Printing gatefold old-style tip-on jacket
- I Put A Spell On You
- Tomorrow Is My Turn
- Ne Me Quitte Pas
- Marriage Is For Old Folks (From The Musical "The Secret Life Of Walter Mitty")
- July Tree
- Gimme Some
- Feeling Good (From The Musical "The Roar Of Greasepaint")
- One September Day
- Blues On Purpose (Instrumental)
- Beautiful Land (From The Musical "The Roar Of Greasepaint")
- You've Got To Learn
- Take Care Of Business