This Third Volume collection from Fat Possum contains music by R.L. Burnside, The Black Keys, Iggy and The Stooges and more!
The Black Keys brought to a band to Fat Possum's attention: Thee Shams, a solid five-piece, who contribute the song "You Want It" to the album.
The world certainly doesn't need another tribute record, but it does need to pay more attention to Junior Kimbrough. For a taste, check out Iggy and The Stooges rendition of "You Better Run".
Like R.L. Burnside, Charles Caldwell was charismatic, a skilled player with a great voice. Charles was priceless. "Hadn't I Been Good To You, is one of the best cuts Fat Possum has ever released.
If only there were vast reserves of bluesmen still out there playing, but the fact of the matter is that there aren't: the best we can do, for a little while longer at least, is guarantee you more blues records of the caliber you have come to expect from Fat Possum Records.
1. Hadn't I Been Good To You - Charles Caldwell
2. Set You Free - The Black Keys
3. I Found Out - Nathaniel Mayer
4. You Better Run - Iggy and The Stooges
5. Crack Head Joe - Little Freddie King
6. Goin' Down South - R.L. Burnside
7. You Want It - Thee Shams
8. Cocaine Bill - Kenny Brown
9. Boob Scotch - Bob Log III
10. Vampires and Failures - Grandpa Boy
11. Bad Man - T-Model Ford
12. Pushin' My Luck - Robert Belfour
13. Goodbye Slim Harpo - Robert Pete Williams