This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
2xHD is proud to offer this deluxe double reel tape version of this amazing album which is widely regarded as one of the greatest audiophile masterpieces ever recorded. Appreciated for its superb sound quality in the recording of choral and solo voices recorded by legendary sound engineer Bertil Alving in 1976, the recording set a new benchmark in sound engineering. Opening with Enrico Bossi's "Cantate Domino" for choir, organ, trumpets and trombones, the choral album.
Based in Montreal and created by audiophile sound engineer René Laflamme and producer André Perry, all 2xHD Tapes are from the original analog master and transfer in analog domain using a Nagra-T tape recorder, modified with high-end tube playback electronics, wired from the playback head. In the high end audio world, René has carved out a reputation for definition of excellence and uses his knowledge and unfailing instinct to match various audio components to create the best all-encompassing sound experience.
For the recording on this tape, the original 1/4" 15 ips CCIR master tapes were played on a Nagra-T tape recorder Vacuum Tube Tape head and recorded on a Nagra IV-S 1/4" at 15 ips. A custom-built carbon fiber headblock and a head damping electronic system permit 2xHD fusion to obtain more transparency and better 3D imaging.
** It is standard practice in all recording studios to keep the tape "tail out". This reduces "pre-echo" and it means that the tape should be placed on the right hand side of the recorder, re-wound and then played.
- Deluxe Edition
- 2 Master Quality Reel To Reel Tapes
- 2 Audiophile SM 900 Tapes
- Pure Analogue Copy (AAA) at 15 ips, CCIR EQ, from the Analog Master Tape
- 2 Balanced Metal Reels Made in Germany by Feinwerktechnik allgäu GmbH Metal Reels
- 2xHD Mastering by René Laflamme
- Deluxe Clamshell Box
- Elegant Booklet
- Made in Canada
|Oscar's Motet Choir|
- Cantate Domino
- Concerto del Signor Gentili in A Major, LV 130
- Judas Maccabaeus, HWV 63 - Part III: See, the conqu'ring hero comes!
- Hosianna, David's son (Hosanna, Son of David)
- Frojda dig, du Kristi brud (O bride of Christ, Rejoice)
- Lullaby (arr. M. Sargent for choir)
- Il est ne le divin enfant (arr. J. Rutter for choir)
- Cantique de Noel (O Holy Night) (Sung in Swedish)
- Den signade dag (O day full of grace)
- Still Nacht (Silent Night) (arr. H. Miessner for choir)
- Schlichte Weisen, Op. 76 - No. 52. Maria viggesang (Maria Wiegenlied)
- 12 Orgelstycken over koralmotiv (12 Organ Pieces on Choral Themes), Op. 36 - No. 2. Jul: Psalm 55, "Var halsad, skona morgonstund"
- Zither Carol (arr. M. Sargent for choir)
- Holiday Inn - White Christmas