TAS Super LP List! Special Merit: Informal
16 Tracks From The King Of Soul On Vinyl LP!
Newly Remastered From The Original Mono Master Tapes!
Lacquers Cut by Bernie Grundman!
Otis Ray Redding, Jr. (September 9, 1941 - December 10, 1967) is considered one of the greatest singers in the history of American popular music and a seminal artist in soul and rhythm and blues. His singing style was powerfully influential among soul artists of 1960s and helped exemplify the Stax sound. Redding quit school at age 15 to support his family, working with Little Richard's backing band, the Upsetters, and also performing at talent shows for prize money. Redding received many posthumous accolades, including the Grammy Lifetime Achievement Award and induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the Songwriters Hall of Fame. He received the honorific nickname King of Soul. "(Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay", "Respect" and "Try A Little Tenderness" are among his best-known songs.
- Vinyl LP
- Newly remastered (2020) from the original mono master tapes
- Remastering by Dan Hersch & Bill Inglot at d2 Mastering
- Disc cutting by Bernie Grundman at Bernie Grundman Mastering
- Cover painting by Nikkolas Smith (based on photo courtesy of The Estate of Otis Redding)
- Made in the EU
- These Arms Of Mine
- Pain In My Heart
- Stand By Me
- Mr. Pitiful
- That's How Strong My Love Is
- I've Been Loving You Too Long (To Stop Now)
- My Girl
- I Can't Turn You Loose
- Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa-Fa (Sad Song)
- Try A Little Tenderness
- (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Hard To Handle
- I've Got Dreams To Remember