One of the most beautiful sacred compositions in the history of music. In this recording two great vocalists are protagonists: Mariella Devia, soprano, and Francesca Provvisionato, mezzo-soprano, masterfully directed by Daniele Callegari.
Giulio Cesare Ricci for this recording did not choose a church but the intriguing acoustics of the Lauro Rossi theater in Macerata. Only two microphone couples were used, two Neumann M49 and two Neumann U47s. The mastering was by Giulio Cesare Ricci using the Signoricci system, entirely analog and tube. The master was created by transferring the analog master recorded with the Nagra 4s 15ips, 2 tracks, 1 / 4inch to dCS A / D Converter DSD. No editing. All tracks on this record are heard as they were performed.
A recording where you can fully appreciate the timbre of the voices, the colors of the orchestra instruments, depth and sound heights.
• Super Audio CD
• SACD Stereo SACD Layer
• This Hybrid SACD contains a 'Red Book' Stereo CD Layer which is playable on most conventional CD Players!
• Made in EU
Mariella Devia, soprano
Francesca Provvisionato, mezzosoprano
Orchestra Filarmonica Marchigiana
Daniele Callegari, conductor
Cristina Picciafuoco, organ
Giovanni Battista Pergolesi (1710-1736)
1. Stabat Mater - Grave - soprano e contralto
2. Cujus Animam - Andante - soprano
3. O Quam Tristis - Larghetto - soprano e contralto
4. Quae Moerebat - Allegretto - moderato contralto
5. Quis Est Homo - Largo-Allegro - soprano e contralto
6. Vidit Suum - Tempo giusto - soprano
7. Eia Mater - Allegro moderato - contralto
8. Fac Ut Ardeat - Allegro - tutti
9. Sancta Mater - Tempo giusto - soprano e contralto
10. Fac Ut Portem - Largo - contralto
11. Inflammatus - Allegro - soprano e contralto
12. Quando Corpus - Largo - soprano e contralto
13. Amen - Presto, assai - tutti