This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
Chasing the Dragon have become known as one of the leading producers of audiophile recordings. A Day In The Life was rehearsed, recorded and cut live to vinyl, all in one day! This 1/4" Master Tape Copy was created from the 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios.
"We specialize in producing 'Direct Cut' recordings. This is where we pass the stereo signal from the Neve desk at Air Studios, up 2 floors to the record lathe in the mastering suite above. Once we begin to cut the lacquer there is no going back! We can not stop and edit, if there are any mistakes. This means, we have to choose our musicians who can not only get through each side non stop, but also who can give a fantastic performance.
For some years, we have wanted to record a jazz group. I cannot believe that the superb jazz trumpeter Quentin Collins only lived a short distance away from the studios. My mastering engineer John Webber said "you have to meet him!" Well, this is the amazing result. Quentin, Gary, Jason, Joe and Miles you are the best! What an album!" - Mike & Francoise Valentine
...no question that Mike Valentine really knows what he's doing as he pursues an 'everything matters' philosophy that has consistently produced recordings that will impress the most demanding audiophiles. Listening to ''Paxos/ Antipaxos'' once again as I write this, I ask myself the question Mike and Françoise asked countless times at the July 2019 AIR sessions. ''Happy?'' You bet I am!
- 1st Generation Reel to Reel Tape made from the Original Master Tape!
- Created from 30IPS 1/2" Running Masters at Air Studios
- 1/4" 15IPS CCIR
- Original Master Tapes recorded at 30ips onto ½" Tape
- Copy Masters are made using 2 Studer A820 Master Recorders
- Machines are connected with Zensati Seraphim Interconnect Cable for highest transfer quality
- All tapes use CCIR/IEC Equalization
- Originally mastered at Air Studios London
- Created using ATR Magnetics Tape Stock
- Housed in Heavy Duty Professional boxes
- Transferred and monitored by Chasing The Dragon Producer Mike Valentine
|Quentin Collins||trmpet, flugelhorn|
|Joe Sanders||double bass|
- Left Unsaid
- Paxos / Antipaxos
- Oliliqui Valley
- Modus Operandi
- Cashed-Up Bogan