Veteran Pianist Performs New Takes on Classical Pieces!
No Borders focuses on classical pieces as a basis for improvisation, and, on the other hand, also contains a completely composed original composition by Beirach: "Steel Prayers", a piece for the victims of 9/11. To take classical pieces and open them for improvisation, without depriving them of their character, is also the basic principle in the cooperation with violinist Gregor Hübner.
"Although somewhat underrated, Richie Beirach is a consistently inventive pianist whose ability to play both free and with lyricism makes him an original." -Scott Yanow, allmusic.com
Super Audio CD
SACD Stereo SACD Layer
This Single-Layer SACD can only be played on a Super Audio CD Player! It will NOT play on conventional CD Players!
Made in Japan
Richie Beirach, piano
George Mraz, bass
Billy Hart, drums
Gregor Huebner, violin
1. Scenes From Childhood-op 15 #1
2. Pathetique -c minor slow movement
3. Gnossiene #1, f minor
4. Pavane-g minor
5. Footprints In The Snow - Prelude for Piano Bk. 1 - #6 d minor
6. Siciliano - g minor
7. Impressions Intimas - #1 a minor
8. Prelude For Piano - #4 e minor
9. Steel Prayers - Ballad for 9/11 WTC