This item not eligible for any further discount offers!
It took a bass player to return vocals to their proper place on Duets -- a record that's a model of simplicity. On the tracks on this LP you'll find Rob Wasserman's bass, and another voice. The result is a charming collection of duets featuring bassist Wasserman joined by special guests Aaron Neville, Rickie Lee Jones, Bobby McFerrin, Lou Reed, Jennifer Warnes, Dan Hicks, Cheryl Bentyne and Stephane Grappelli. The experimental release pairs the human voice with the bass guitar, resulting in a collection of unique and soulful material.
And now -- we've upped the ante even more for true audiophile bliss -- the 45 RPM 2LP version reduces distortion and high frequency loss as the wider-spaced grooves let your stereo cartridge track more accurately. Natural tonalities, superb balances, pristine clarity and more are all revealed.
Unlike much of current music, where vocals are squelched and compression molded into something of an afterthought, Wasserman sought to create on Duets a music record -- without technology interfering. "It's kinda like being in a club. It lets you get closer to the song," Wasserman says.
Not surprisingly, Duets ranks among the most breathtaking collections of popular songs issued in the 1980s.
- 200g Vinyl
- Double LP
- Mastered from original master tapes
- Mixed & Mastered to hi-res digital by Joe Gastwirt Mastering
- Lacquer cut by Kevin Gray at Cohearant Audio
- Plated and pressed at Quality Record Pressings
- Stoughton Printing gatefold tip-on heavyweight cardboard jacket
- Stardust (duet with Aaron Neville)
- The Moon Is Made Of Gold (duet with Rickie Lee Jones)
- Brothers (duet with Bobby McFerrin)
- Duet (featuring Rob Wasserman)
- One For My Baby (And One More For The Road) (duet with Lou Reed)
- Ballad Of The Runaway Horse (duet with Jennifer Warnes)
- Gone With The Wind (duet with Dan Hicks)
- Angel Eyes (duet with Cheryl Bentyne)
- Over The Rainbow (duet with Stephane Grappelli)